Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 117 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Well, moto I was going to mount my drives backwards because I wanted to hide the cables, but I ran into a problem.

20121201_175704.jpg

The brackets are only one way brackets, and I have to mount them way far out like so to get them in backwards. This pretty much blocks my bottom fan, rendering it useless.

And I couldn't find my sharpie :/

Brackets? Ptchah child, I scoff at your bwackets :p
I see thumbscrews there all the way up the drivecage, and I note with interest the inclusion of screwholes on your drives,
I put it to you Sir and with no illwill or malice aforethought intended, that a person such as yourself might utilise these fortuitous circumstances to your advantage?
don't use brackets just because they are included, if they get in the way of your plan, throw them in a drawer for future use and find the solution that works :p
sorry, I don't have a marker pen I can send you hehe
Moto

20121202_155746.jpg

I swear this is like the last image. I got the HDD's to mount backwards, but I could not mount them together, as if I mounted them together, it would have bunched up the cables too much, and the front fans would have not fit back on.

This is good, because in a way it increases the airflow, but cleans up the cables as well. I think I like it this way.

EDIT: Stupid finger got in the picture.

Make a roofbox that the cables feed into out of sight?
You wouldn't believe how many wires and tubes this hides lol as well as being home to a fancontroller
IMAG0125.jpg

Wouldn't work with Deemo's optical drive being in a lower slot though,
I can't think of a reasonable solution to it but even I don't think its that bad now :p
Lutfij is just pushing him to attain perfection hehe
Moto

forr3zt

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Specs are in Sig.

So here's the mess...

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

The psu cables aren't long enough to go around the back...
any other ideas for cable management?

forr3zt

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012

That's not what I meant, haha. I was asking about the rest of the random cables I've got just hangin' around.

JMer806

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
I have a HAF 912 case as well. Here's what it looked like when I first built: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/022ad.jpg/

And this is what it looked like after some serious CM: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/024qmq.jpg/

There are still some issues - my PSU should be flipped and I can't hide some of the cables - but short of getting a modular PSU, there's not much I can do.

BUT the case is pretty solid as far as CM goes for its price. You just need to make use of all the little attachments on the rear panel to keep everything in place. As far as length, if your cables aren't long enough to reach in a mid-tower, you might want to just get a new PSU.

I'm not happy with a 40'C Delta to be honest, regardless of noise :p
for $140 a starter kit will allow you to get a much better Delta and give you upgrade options,
I'm not arguing further, I'm actually one of the W/c guys that will make a case for Allinones having a place in the world, but if its down to a comparison, bang for buck as you guys say, good aircoolers walk it most every time,
In W/c, bragging is mainly about your Delta, and if its over 10'c, you may be using water, but you ain't cooling
**Sorry Lutfij, posting at same time, you're right mate, this ain't the place hehe :)
now tidy those cables up and we'll call it a day...
Moto

Lutfij

Titan
:) HP or any other branded machine can have my money instead of taking so much trouble to build my own machine, but as all people in this world, they learn from mistakes. And no, I ain't going corsair for pseudo watercooling(as well as Alienware, if I need a high end machine).

oh yeh the 10C would be knocked off of the corsair cooler as far as load temps are concerned.
*this isn't the WC'ing section to go on about delta's :p

cable clutter monster checking in:
@ forr3zt - what I posted was actually tips on managing cables. Sleeved extensions can help you get some more cable length and allow you to take them behind the mobo instead of a nose bleed treatment :p thas how I see a cable in front of mobo in the middle of case.

a few more tips:
i] a bag of 4" black zip ties can be had for cheap, really handy.
ii] a couple of black ziptie mounts, found on amazon for about $6~ very handy to manage cables from under the mobo and not behind the tray provided you mount them close to the edge of the mobo like this work I did. I'd suggest getting the smallest size, 1/2"x1/2" mounts will look awesome but nearly invisible to the eye, unless you look with a magnifying glass.
iii] manage the FP connectors, I can't make out the audio cables but that USB 3.0 drive bay module can be moved up'down to deal with that in your face approach thick cable :)
iv] rear fan and cpu cables need thinking time
v] mount ssd in the back of tray if there's space.

if shopping for stuff on amazon is tedious for you, pop by frozencpu, in the DIY/Mod parts section

hope that helps

**c'mon dude, you've seen so many rigs and so many peoples effort in CM'ing. Ain't that hard if you spend time looking at the ins and outs.

lastly spray paint the mobo tray black - makes cables seem stealthy.