Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 151 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

paolo599

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
My first build :) Hoping to upgrade to a GTX 770 next week. Sorry bout the cables, im terrible at arranging them

Thermaltake V9 Chassis
ASUS M5A78L-M LX uATX
AMD FX 6-Core Black Edition FX-6300 3.5GHz
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
GeIL Black Dragon RAM 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
ASUS GeForce GTX 580 Direct CU II
Cooler Master GX - 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD (OS + programs + beefy games like BF4)
Samsung HDD 250GB 2.5" (just for music)
Hitachi HDD 320GB 3.5" (games)

20131228_142109_zps90828a8f.jpg

20131228_142146_zps04bbee34.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
Paolo - I fixed your image links for you.

Nice system! A little cablemanagement can make your rig stand out of the crowd and I hope your PSU isn't eating carpet fuzz while you're gaming :D The dust filter looks a very handy thing to have in spaces like that...

Jim - Nice cablemangement in there and on that note, brilliant themed build. :thumb: but your rear SP fan could use a radiator to blow into :)

Nuke - OCN itself is otherworldly!!!

Lutfij

Titan
:pfff: some people...

TheN00bBuilder - ^ :non: not like that.
Rules
■Tom's Hardware's ToU and RoC always applies.
■Everyone will respect everyone. Flames will not be tolerated at all in this thread.
■Please limit your gallery to 1 post (4 pictures and if more pictures are needed, please post a link).
■When commenting on a system gallery, please type the poster's name in your response. Do Not quote their gallery in your response.
■Please keep resolution of pictures under 1024x768 in the thread (up to 1920x1080 if a thumbnail).
■Please, only add finished rigs, not work-logs.
■Please state your system specifications.
Please PM the respective poster when your discussion is OFF TOPIC or a component specific type question. - Stay on Topic, which is posting images of your setup and comments associated with them!!
■Please report dead or non-working links to the original poster first. If you get no response, please send me a PM.

If you have questions, feel free to contact me by PM. Enjoy it and post your System images
here

mirakledba - I'll PM you about that. Stop posting here to make this a discussion thread. You can have a proper conversation without me butting in if you'd just PM the members. If you didn't know you can string a couple of members to have a group conversation in your PM.

D

Deleted member 362816

I would be posting my new build here today but the motherboard came from newegg with 2 bent cpu pins. Interesting.......

They are overnighting me a new motherboard

FractalDesignCore

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013
Rig from 2010. First one i had ever built. Excuse my sucky wire management,

Cpu- i5 2500
Gpu- Radeon Sapphire HD 6850
PSU- Rosewill 850w Gaming non modular
Cooling: Corsair h100
Ram: Corsair Dominator 8gb 1333mhz
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1 tb

Total cost back then $1000 4 years ago from 2014. Price of ram was $50 for 8 gb while it was $130 for my hard drive. Prices of ram and hard drives have fluxuated. Rolling into its 4th year its going strong.

qlyq.jpg

ljwp.jpg

r0wz.jpg

4kjw.jpg

FractalDesignCore

Honorable
Jul 30, 2013

GA-z68x I got it whenever it released. Great motherboard discontinued 3 years later.

I can't believe prices of ram have increased so much. But hard drives gone down luckily.

I wish I could, my top graphics card gets pretty hot, but can't see a way to fit any hoses in there.

Lutfij

Titan
^ I've edited your post after I decided to restore it. Please refrain from quoting the entire post and their gallery/pics.

Sidenote - If you'd like some tips/advice on cablemanagement - PM me and we'll get some progress mapped out.

Stickg1 - I believe a couple of SP fans are in order to spruce up that interior! Black/Yellow+ White/Grey sleeve from MDPC-X or maxcord. Do remember to post a screen shot of your temps with that rad+block setup. That should help the community in their builds/performance goals.

Fans were ordered this weekend. Still contemplating on buying the supplies myself or having the cable extensions made. I think I will just do it myself, seems like the more sensible thing to do. I can't bring myself to spend $100 on cable extensions...

I'm working up a massive build log with pics, video, and screenshots. I will get to it this weekend.

ZACHB91

Honorable
Dec 21, 2013
newpc_zps52ad4753.jpg

my new I buy power setup. yeah it need some wiring cleap up.

im not going to complain to my dad he got it for me for xmas. I for got the specs on it so here they are.
arc 647 3.0 mid tower case
nzxt internal usb expansion
amd fx-6300 running stable at 4.2 g
level 2 overclocking service
120mm liquid cooling
adata 8 gb ram
powercolor hd 7750 2gb video card
gigabyte ga-970a-d3p
wifi/Bluetooth module
lepa g750-mas psu
120gb adata s510 sata-3 ssd boot drive
Toshiba 500gb for games an my music might upgrad to a 1tb ssd later
lg 12x blueray
running it on my 47 in lg tv right now.
i mainly use it for euro truck 2 an farming simulator 2013

First of all I have always been against closed loop liquid coolers, but I saw this open box at Microcenter for only $17 and decided to try it out. I previously had a Coolermaster Hyper T4 (due to micro ATX NZXT Vulcan case) and two 19dBa 45CFM fans (yes I know there are more for noise and not performance). My CPU is an i5 2310, and I have it locked at the max turbo frequency of 3.3ghz. Stock speeds are 2.9ghz. Yes I know that this isn't really an overclock. I did it for fun, not for more performance. Previously the CPU would idle at around 34c and max at about 67c after an hour or so of prime95. This was using the Hyper T4 push pull setup. Now, with the closed loop cooler (CoolIT ECO-R120), using the same fans from the Hyper T4, the idle has dropped to 28c and the max to 56c. I was pretty surprised by these results. Now, the T4 was not a very good cooler and this liquid cooler is probably no better than a Hyper 212 EVO with some good fans on it. The thing that surprised me most was the fact that it is not loud like everyone says they are. With these fans, it is no louder than the T4 and honestly might be a little quieter. I know that these fans are not really meant for performance and are more for quiet. The pump itself (running with fans unplugged) is not even audible without sticking your head inside the case.

So, final thoughts. I have always been against these cheaper closed loop coolers, and honestly all closed loop coolers for being gimmicky and "fake" watercooling. Was it worth $17. DEFINITELY. Even if it was junk it would have been worth it for the experience. Did it exceed my expectations? Yes. Would it be worth $50? No, I don't think so. As I stated above, I believe a Hyper 212 evo with GOOD fans would perform the same. Although, this cooler with my "quiet fans" would probably be quieter than a Hyper 212 evo with some "move a lot of air fans".

wofx.jpg

What does everyone else think?

I share your attitude about CLC coolers, especially pertaining to bang/buck. Maybe not in this thread, but your ongoing experience with it might be useful. Does it quickly become loud? Quit working? Or, does it remain as reliable as a decent air cooler? I'd like to see a sharply bang/buck focused roundup of six to ten coolers of all types, but within a narrow and low budget range of say $20-$40.

I would like to see a comparison like that as well. There are so many options with switching fans though it becomes almost subjective. For example I bet you could get a Corsair h55 to beat a Hyper 212 EVO easily if you put good fans on the h55 and junk ones on the EVO. This works the other way around too. You also must consider the want or need for quiet fans over more powerful fans and vice-versa. I think they should get a single fan and use that same fan for every cooler they test. That is something I would love to see.

Most of these closed loops coolers seem to keep the pump at one speed(I know some can change it, but most do not). I do not think you would get anything but a bit of extra fan noise at load, similar to what one gets with a heatsink.

On a price/performance ratio the 212 does not seem to have an equal. I have seen the NH D15 for under $50 and I think that is a great value for the amount of performance you can get from it. It is important to know it takes lots of heat to separate some of the top end coolers. Your average system is good with just about any half decent cooler.

@ tiny voices, again, nice clean system :)