Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 68 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

akamrcrack

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

:hail:

we need a moto badge of approval award from Toms to please the moto :p

tjosborne

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

im really looking forward to see your completed updated build now. if you dont play games than what do you do with your pc?

Nope, same one, I'm just finally getting round to adding the cards into the loop,
IMAG0466.jpg

gfx blocks getting done obviously
two Ex360's in the box, another X20 750l res pump (Four resses,three rads,two pumps and 28 fans (not including Psu fan) in one build lol)
fancontroller and a couple of Firefly/Serenity tribute switches :)
**Edit, check the radbox build log for progress as it has mesh sides and stuff in the front panel, this pic was just for a mock up shot of the tubing between box and Rig)
no kill like overkill hehe
Moto

**we need a moto badge of approval award from Toms to please the moto**

Rofl, the 'My cables pass the Moto test' awards :p
I have actually exempted 4Ryan6 from any cable strife due to his magnificent overclocking, W/c and modding efforts, but have maybe given three or four 'Gratz' out in the last two years for good C.m.
might be one to start hehe
and ** if you dont play games than what do you do with your pc?**
O/c it to 4.5GHz for a laff :p

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2330656

I recall reading something about a ram issue, 4Gb is easier to clock with than 8Gb?, meh, details....
I play portal 1/2, Alice madness returns and WoW, although I've not been playing WoW much due to redesign/building the radbox
Moto

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

You can easily paint the red part white, it comes right off with a few screws.

robertris2

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

That's true, although I believe that will void the warranty..right?

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

It's XFX. My friend once tried to hook 2 power supplies up to one card, from XFX, and it fried. The whole board on it was fried, and burnt to hell, but he contacted XFX and they promptly gave him a new one, once he sent the destroyed one back that is. They are the best really. They take anything back. And besides you shouldn't have to worry about it, as long as you register the card. Plus, XFX is quite reliable, and hardly anything ever goes wrong with their cards, unless you hook 2 power supplies up to one that is :p

robertris2

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

Haha funny story, why would your friend do that? Very noob huh lol!
Man.. I wish I had friends who liked building rigs, all my friends find computers to perplexing, so I have no one to compare, and build with :(

Any how, sounds good, I'll look in to that card.

robertris2

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Same situation here ;)

Saying that, i don't get off on being better tbh, however i get off on cranking all i can from my system :D

Hell yeah! In my case, I used to be at the public library 6 hours a day 5 days a week reading books on computers when I was 14. I guess its more of an obsession for me. I wonder how I could find like a lan party group around me to make some friends.. God that sounds pathetic lol.

akamrcrack

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

ah the good ol days of doing D2 runs on my HP back in 2001 :)

akamrcrack

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

XD those and whites were the epics of the time and using sojs as currency haha

I've been playing D2 on and off since it released (was 10 at release date) lol 10 years later (20 reinstalls later) and I just played it again to retire myself from it completely for D3.

When 2005 hit all my time became consumed by BF2 lol. Now there is BF3 and D3 omg I died and am in heaven..

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I just got into computer gaming a few years ago from the friend I was talking about that hooked up 2 power supplies to one card. That was a long time ago that he did that though. He had a 5770 I believe, right when it first came out. He still has his first graphics card, that he gave to me when I built my first rig. nVidia GeForce 7900 GS KO. That thing is bad ass. Especially for its day. I gave it back when I got my 6870, which I no longer have cause I sold my rig, and am in the process of building a new one right now. GTX 570. Aww yeah.

Yeah it is quite nice having friends that are into computers as much as I am. We all got into it though because of one of my friends. The one with the 2 PSU's :p He kind of started me on it, then I got another friend interested, and so on and so forth. Just try to get the word around really. Show some of your close friends how awesome it is. It's really a great hobby. For me the most fun part is just fixing stuff that doesn't work properly. :p It's fun to compare with people too. Except he has a 7970, :/ and right now I have no computer except my laptop haha. I think he posted pics of his rig back on page 45 or somewhere around there.

Anyways, i think that card would look sick in your case Robertris.

dkcomputer

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
214_507461317073_78202766_30688194_6337_n.jpg

My 2008? build. SLi 260gtx, some AMD processor. Insane amount of fans. Had to plug in a optical drive with the door open to install windows, after that I shut it and never used it again- this was my WoW machine, just before I got into building rigs for other people.

robertris2

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

Haha, or quarks sword and quarks bow, man those where fun times at pc cafes. I still have a fully equipped paladin! Lol just played last week. We should game D3 together, I'm gonna need some friends.

Jrwiz, I think I'm going to go for it in about a month..meanwhile I'm going to buy a 6850 and return it when I get the 7950 :).
I'm also thinking of the nzxt white light kit

robertris2

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

Looks awesome to me, though w.m could be better lol. Does it fly when the fans are set to high? :)

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

OH GOD CABLES. SO MANY CABLES. Looks nice otherwise :p You could do better than that though.