Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 69 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dkcomputer

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
Unfortunately cable management was not in play in 2008, that's a stacker 832 case. My new build is in the same case, since I blew so much money on it I can't justify buying a new one yet. I really want a nzxt410 though after building so many for other people.

*edit - the new setup is completely silent with a gtx580, since the 2 120's on the bottom blow on it, with the side 2x2 grid of 120's long gone, all the fans can run on silent speeds and provide plenty of air to keep the 580 below 50*c when stressing it. I really wish more cases had that option, its the main thing holding me back - having 2x 120mm blowing directly onto the intake of the graphics card that is. I'll post a photo soon

earl45

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009

Where are you buying your water cooling supply from, I want to build a custom system for my setup.

Me personally?
I use several sites in the UK,
scan.co.uk
thewatercoolingshop.co.uk
dabs.co.uk
specialtech.co.uk
xspc.co.uk
if you're wanting to replace that H100 then throw a post up in Overclocking W/c section, we'll help you out with whatever you need, just remember to read the sticky first :p Radbox is almost finished, just need to wire up my switches at the front, finish tidying wires from fans and she's all shiny,
IMAG0552.jpg

see? no wires visible, oh inside?
IMAG0549.jpg

As mentioned some final tidying to do with fanwires, they'll all be well hidden under the rads tomorrow once everythings wired up and plugged in,
and the molex cluster halfway down the bottom fan bank is feeding into the main Pc so will also be tucked in once plugged up
and the cathodes are in,
IMAG0550.jpg

I'm tired lol have your cables however the hell you want :p
(Will rescind that tomorrow)
Moto

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Posting up some pics of a rig that belongs to one of my friends. He doesn't have fast enough internet, because he practically lives on a mountain and it would cost a metric ton of money to get anything other than satellite. So i'm gonna go ahead and post them here for him. http://imgur.com/a/vAmgD#0 Before and after he upgraded his case.

robertris2

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

I like it! Very clean. What case is that?
I got some ideas from his pics for my own rig

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Oh plus I forgot specs:

i5-2500k
Corsair 8gb 2x4gb 1600Mhz CL9
ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Z68
XFX HD 6950
Zephyr MX 750w PSU (never really even heard of it until he bought it, whatever :p)
Hyper 212+ Heatsink
Case: Extreme black Smilodon by Raidmax. It was a piece of crap, and none of the fans worked, so he bought the Rosewill Thor V2 White.
And I believe he has a Seagate Momentus 750gb 7200RPM

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

Yup that was me :p It's gone now though. Sold it and am working on putting together a new rig right now with a black/orange phantom, 2500k, gtx 570, etc :)

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I hadn't participated very much on Tom's for quite some time. Got really into gaming and school. I have just been so busy that I haven't had any free time, but I do now, kind of :p Leave for school at about 6:30 am, then get home at about 5:30 pm after school, and sports/extra curricular activities. Since that picture all of us have either gotten new cases/computers entirely, or in my case, sold. And I just realized that I have been a member for 2 years as of 5 days ago :p How times fly.