Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fslateef

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011

Thanks for feedback. Is power and data lines together is a problem when cables are shielded ? Also Sata cables are only separate data lines and all other lines are just power lines, right ?

My computer table setting is very weird thus it needs lot of effort to take out and put back this 20+kg system :( I did this cable management slowly and took around 2 hours (with lot of disturbance as my 3 year old son was trying to play with computer components :) )

By the way these molex connectors for fans are real trouble as they are quite big and managing them in very thin space between back cover and motherboard's back. That's why I tried to adjust them between the open gaps.

Also I was trying to increase air flow in casing, which seems to be good now, right?

Lutfij

Titan
@ fslateef -
it needs lot of effort to take out and put back this 20+kg system
you should join gym :lol: thas how i felt once i lifted the TT spedo with watercooling - imagine the extra weight.

Airflow improved? yes
Visually? ok

Here's what you can do, get some fans that are PWM controlled and replace the molex headed fans, you can hook them up to the mobo headers and they also help with cable routing (under mobo).

Cables maybe shielded, but even in server setups, EMF and EMI can cause some distortion, you may even notice a hum when you use the front panel audio header.

aside for the physics talk -

Think of it this way - you don't have people walking on the road - you have them walking over the pavement making them pedestrians. The cars are allowed to travel via the roads. Same street, two very clear distinctions of movement - vehicular and pedestrian movement.

Trust me akhi, I wouldn't suggest staying away from your son, but you could work on your setup when he's sleeping :) that way with 2 solid hours, you get the job done.

When you define the wires in your case, you start to group them together and it ends up looking cleaner.

* what camera you using?

this link should help you again, as the case is visible from the front+back

and a build I did a few weeks back.

rmcron5296

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
This is my first build that I have made entirely by myself. It has been completed for almost 2 months and I use it mostly for gaming and some other general use.

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

Specs are as follows:

AMD Phenom II x4 3.2 OC'd to 3.808
M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
Corsair XMS3 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz
XFX HD 6950 2GB
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200
Corsair TX750 v2
ASUS 24X CD/DVD Drive
Sound Blaster Auidgy sound card
Cooler Master Hyper 212+
HAF 912 Case
LG 32in 1080P LED TV at 1920x1080
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

I have purchased an ASUS Crosshair V Formula mobo as well as 8gb of G.SKILL Ripjaws 1600MHz, but I haven't gotten the ram yet so I haven't install either. Once I get the ram I'll update with more pictures. I also plan on getting a SSD and another HD 6950 as money allows.

I will resize if they are too big. I didn't think about it when uploading to photobucket. Just let me know

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I plan on getting a HAF X or HAF 932 as soon as I can. It will be the blue edition of whichever one because my keyboard and mouse light up blue and I would like to keep the outer aesthetics as uniform as possible

rmcron5296

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Yes please! I hate them haha. The multi colored junk as well as the longer front panel USB just bother me. I desperately want a modular PSU. Behind my mobo panel is not the prettiest (understatement) even with zip ties. Any suggestions are welcome! I can't wait for the inside of the case to be black. The gray bothers me a lot as well

@Rwayne, nice vid man, holes a bit bigger than I'd do but still groovy and the trim is always a nice touch :)
@Azshinobi, the card size varies from vendor to vendor, the asus ones I'm having are about an inch longer :p
@Saint19, necessary? Hell I cut them up for fun man hehe, plus any straggling cables can shrouded/braided as you said so its neat if you have to see it :p
I'd rather not see them though
Moto

rmcron5296

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
I had read up a lot on different brands and saw a lot of different thoughts on XFX. I had received an email code taking off an addition 30 bucks and it has the double lifetime warranty, not that I really care about the double part, and that sold me. I ended up with 60 bucks savings in the end after MIR. I haven't had any cooling issues and it's in used for 3-6 hours a day usually. I do wish I got the dual fan edition because idle and load temps are a few degrees higher than I'd like, but nothing anywhere near dangerous. Looking back I was blinded by the savings haha, but like I said it has served it's purpose and hasn't overheated or had any problems. I might look for a different brand when I crossfire the only problem being it won't look as neat.

Oh and thanks for the advice on the front panel cords. I'm doing some modding on this lazy Sunday and hopefully things will be cleaned up a bit. I keep thinking of other things to say after I post haha! I know the warranty won't matter if I open it up, but I am thinking about switching my buy order up and going to water cooling soon. I've done some extensive research on it over the past couple of days and I like the way it looks as well as the temps it gives. I'd probably get the case, water cooling setup, and then a second card. The second card is not a need but more of a want :D

clean your dust filter

rmcron5296

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
@Addison Haha I'm like Moto, I just want two. Also it will help in the future for a longer period of time than just one.

@Flint I did once I saw the picture. It was gross haha.

I also changed the case I'm going to get. I like the design of the Corsair 800d, but it is too big and a little too expensive since I want to water cool once I get it. That being said I'm gonna grab the Corsair 650d and get my water cooling parts at the same time and go from there. Once I get it ordered and the parts arrive I'll post some updated pictures for you guys

Lutfij

Titan
@ aznshinobi - :lol: I won't blame my spelling fail on my chrome browser,OH c'mon guys, with all this WoW fragging, we could use a little failed humor...:/

This is a Tom's Hardware Member System Gallery thread not the debate club for best "cheap GPU" setup for WoW

neograndizer

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Okay, I finally completed my rig (took about a month to do). It's my very first build (others before it have been prebuilt -- HP, Sony, Dell) and love it. If anything needs to be done, it's the SATA modular connector on the PSU. The SATA power cable is a little stressed reaching the Optical drives (looking at a SATA extension and/or y-splitter cable). That's after connecting it to the furthest 12v connector on the PSU.

Case: Raven 2 Evolution White Ltd Ed (RV02W-EW)
--> replaced outake fan with Scythe Slip Stream 120mm (SY1225SL12SH)
PSU: Antec TP-750
MoBo: Asus P8P67 Pro (REV 3.0)
CPU: i5-2500k
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH)
GPU: Evga GTX570 (012-P3-1570-AR)
Sound Card: Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 (stripped from old system)
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B (SCMG-2100)
--> Replaced stock fan with Scythe Slip Stream 120mm PWM (SY1225SL12H-P)
Thermal Paste: Noctua NT-H1
LEDs: Logisys Meteor Dual 12" Green LED Light Stick Kit With 8 Speed Settings (LDKMTGN2)

Internal HDDs/SSD:
Seagate Barracudas (SATA I) -- stripped from old systems (for storage)
2 x 250 GB
1 x 750 GB
1 x 1 TB

Western Digital Caviar Blue (SATA III) -- new (for gaming)
1 x 1TB (WD10EALX)

OCZ Agility 3 (SATA III) [60GB] (AGT3-25SAT3-60G) -- new (for boot)

Internal Optical Drives
Samsung DVD-Writer (SH-S223C/RSBF)
Samsung BD-ROM & DVD burner (SH-B123L/RSBP)
Card Reader (stripped from old system)

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2493HM 24" (16:10) monitor

Found an old Sony DAV-BC150 DVD Home Theatre System and hooked it up via 3.5mm to analog RCA audio jacks for 5.0 sound. It's an old system and doesn't have digital input...

The album has 8 pics.
New Rig Album

Here's 4 of 'em:
Wiring.jpg

Guts.jpg

Front.jpg

IntheDark.jpg

mtommy79

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
New build. :D

img1570xg.jpg

img1608o.jpg

img1620c.jpg

Coolermaster Haf 922
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 910W
i5 2500K & ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Corsair A70 DUAL-FAN
G.SKILL 8GB DDR3-1600
EVGA GTX 580 SC
WD Black 1TB

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

Great looking case. Definately invest in the extension cable(s) for the PSU. I would also rearrange the optical drives and card reader for aesthetic reasons. For example:
1) DVD-burner, space, BD, space, card reader
2) DVD-burner, space, card reader, space, BD
3) space, space, DVD-burner, card reader, BD