Tom's Hardware PC Gaming Tutorial Contest!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewFreedman

Editor
Editor
Oct 3, 2014

Not this time, no. This contest is just for PC Gaming.

If you want to write mobile gaming tutorials, you can do so in that category on the site, but they will not count as contest entries.

AndrewFreedman

Editor
Editor
Oct 3, 2014
Hi all! Thanks for your enthusiasm so far!
Just two notes for those who may have missed them:

1. Tutorials should not go in this thread, but as new tutorials in the PC Gaming category.
2. Tutorials should have at least 1 image to be eligible.

Thanks all! It's going great so far!

So two questions.
1: when will the winners be announced?

2: Do the tutorials go in Forums > PC gaming OR Forums > tutorials > PC gaming? I am assuming its the 2nd but I just thought I'd ask.

Try reading the original post again.

I did and thats how I got confused. If you look it tells you to post your reply in the PC gaming section, not the tutorial > PC gaming section but then gives you a link to the tutorial > PC gaming section.

As for the confusion about the contest completion date, will the winners be announce at the end of June as one long contest or will the winners be announced at the end of May and June as two separate contests? They said they will PICK 5 at the end of May and 5 at the end of June but no date as to when the winnings will be given out. I am wondering whether I should wait 5 days to purchase something to see if I won it or go ahead and order it now. I'd rather use the potential winnings for my order but if its not going to be announce for another month then I will order it now.

AndrewFreedman

Editor
Editor
Oct 3, 2014

Winners will be picked twice, near the end of May and end of June. You can see the full rules here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2632977/tom-hardware-gaming-tutorial-contest-official-rules.html

Tutorials should go into our tutorial template here: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/new_thread.htm and into PC Gaming.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Many apologies for the delay! My colleague, Andrew, is on vacation and I was supposed to announce the winners on his behalf. Alas, I forgot! It's really a rather tragic story.

Without further ado, here are the winning tutorials for the month of May!

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
There were some that were along those lines, but no, nothing that was a through-and-through game walkthrough. That takes a considerable amount of time and effort, I'd suppose, and wasn't really what we were looking for as far as tutorials go. It's not meant to be quite so all-encompassing, I suppose :p

I think I'll do an achievement guide for one achievement. Haven't seen anyone write a proper guide for that achievement on the internet. But that one achievement is long. Hope there is no #characters limit in Tutorials. Also I can publish it elsewhere right like on Steam?

shadows1234

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014

They will not give feedback on tutorials as it will be a unfair advantage for others who are participating it is better that way

No I mean, the readers. Like if they have further questions or comments, or their own suggestions. Kind of like a comments section.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Yeah, it's unfortunate that we don't have that. This has come up in the past, and here is what I suggested to those who asked: create a forum thread specifically for the purposes of feedback and attach a link to that at the end of your tutorial. This way, the tutorial's page is kept clean and you are able to get constructive feedback in a fairly easy manner.

shadows1234

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
Deleted tutorial

EDIT: tried a new web browser seems like the tutorial is dead, well that sucks i dont know what went wrong with it im gonna try to get a admin to delete it i hope they can do that

AndrewFreedman

Editor
Editor
Oct 3, 2014

Hi shadows1234.

Our junk detector accidentally attacked your article, and I restored it. It appears there may be something wrong on the tech side. I can still see it (probably because of my admin powers), but it's white with an incognito window. I have emailed our devs about it to see if they can get to the bottom of it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

shadows1234

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014

i guessing it couldn't be fixed dangit, well looks like im gonna have to make another

Edit:why is it still in tutorials i asked a mod to delete it and he did, so i don't get why it shows up in tutorial still please delete it if you can since it probably isn't gonna be fixed anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.