Tom's Hardware Readers' Choice 2014: Graphics

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Whether you're interested in games, video rendering, graphic design, a dedicated graphics card is a must. This is what pushes out those ultra-realistic graphics and high frame rates, points of pride for PC gamers who scoff at the 900p/30FPS that "next-gen" consoles boast. They are also used in mining the crypto-currencies that have seen its ups and downs. What is your graphics card of choice?

To see a complete listing of all of the Tom's Hardware Readers' Choice categories, as well as links to reviews we have done on some of these products, please click here.

Also visit our sister site, Tom's Guide! They are also running a Readers' Choice Awards with a focus on more consumer-oriented electronics. You can visit the page here.

random5

Distinguished
Ha,pretty much obvious that Maxwell architecture dominates the show overwhelming any competition. GTX 970 is unquestionably the ultimate Graphics Card of the year overwhelming the GTX 980 which could set 95% of earth's citzens wallets on fire, it also has almost 3 times less downvotes!

GTX 750 Ti also clearing it's way up towards third place as an inexpensive and extremely eco-friendly variant,only obstacle in it's way is that when putting it up it didn't allowed me to properly add photo so it came out without it.. oh well!

rakoja

Reputable
Nov 16, 2014
just upgraded from 770 to 780 ti (since i got it quite cheap and i guess the available waterblocks are a bit cooler than the ones for the 970, also i dont like the small form factor of the 970's)

random5

Distinguished
Congratulations to GTX 970 for overcoming the 1000 likes milestone! Only item which managed it,no others weren't even close, it truly deserves to be there, odd that though R9 290X is the very same card, the success of 4 different brands differ sharply. Sapphire's Vapor-X claimed 3rd place though extremely energy efficient Maxwell pioneer GTX 750 Ti (which was nominated by myself) tried to catch it up.Radeon's reference R9 290X sticked solidly in 5th position while PowerColors and MSIs efforts were lamented by the brutal fist of the public. Talking about brutality, hope they won't make another Titan, if this one guaranteed itself last place so easily,next time it might be run for 1000 downvotes.

Mechanics

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014
The gtx 970 is an absolute monster for the price. This card is probably one of the best price\performance cards out there!