Tom's Hardware Steam Giveaway - Stellaris

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

almagestum11

Commendable
Dec 22, 2016
Well, being an emperor isn't such a good job at all. I suppose, at some point I would go crazy, start calling everyone an idiot, shooting in every direction, suspecting, yelling and what not.

kireato

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
It would ultimately depend on my mood.

At times, I would be a plague upon the galaxy, devouring all my opponents and consuming their puny empires. My people would be mere pawns, their lives sacrifices for the sake of my glory as I conquer my foes.

At other times, I would disregard my military, leaving my empire undefended and vulnerable as I focused the talents of my people towards progress.

I'm an all or nothing kind of guy.

edit: by the way, the 10th of February is a Friday, Monday is the 13th. :D

giogi

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015
i will rule like a benevolent god so that i enjoy more it.... u see, when u are surrounded by happy people u become also happy

vitius

Reputable
Jul 10, 2015
i will subjugate and destroy everything and create again everything so that it will be more efficient and environmentally friendly

Jeff Kaos

Distinguished
In "Civ" style games I tend to build up my economy and infrastructure first and avoid as many diplomatic situations with other civilizations as possible. Once I have a secure "core" area I begin to expand. Since I almost always have a solid economic base and decent tech I can build a huge military if needed. But I prefer to peacefully coexist and let the other civilizations destroy each other. Then I swoop in and take em all out.

Unless a rival civ has a resource I need. Then I wipe them out mercilessly.

JakeWearingKhakis

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I tend to build up quickly, efficiently, and quietly. Only when other civilizations approach me, do I deal with them. If they want something from me and are unreasonable I give them a swift smack on the mouth yelling "NO!" Then, I take their land and continue with my silent progress. I explore the world with spies, and then decide how I'm going to make it all mine.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
Every strategy I have ever played it always ends up with me playing the "Steamroller" strategy. Build up my economy and build overwhelming forces and spread across the lands/space like a wildfire/super nova.

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
Playing the game: spend my time & resources building up static defenses & a few troops for defense, while pushing my tech research as much as possible. Better/more tech = more resources/better military units = stronger military for defense & attack.

If I was in the game itself: try to rule benevolently, but I wouldn't be afraid to bring the hammer down on enemies.

FuriousReload

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
I like to take RTS games slow, build a massive base, build a massive army, push my CPU as far as I can, then unleash it all on an enemy base, one base at a time.

Captain Rage

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
By exploration and expansion, without stepping on anyone's toes. Unless they step on mine. That is my usual 4x conduct.

Well, I always go into these games with the mindset of "speak softly and carry an armored tank division" (or a spaceship in this scenario). It is important to understand consequences of actions, but decisive in carrying out said actions. And if there is any doubt, shoot first, ask questions later.

senkasaw

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
I try to sort of role play it. I will generally decide on a faction "personality" and try to stay true to that. Usually pick a different style each time I play, I get bored using the same methods. I lean toward diplomatic and tech focused play styles.

SpazCat

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
I generally try to mine the technology tree, maintaining cordial relations with rival empires. I'll do my best to maintain a peaceful stance, but when they get belligerent --which they always do-- I will work to swamp them with massed, ultra-tech units.

tates11

Commendable
Feb 8, 2017
I have no idea how to run my empire as of now... I have to see how will my mood turns out when I actually play the game hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.