Tom's Hardware Superposition Benchmark Thread

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

What's your core and shader clock?

As the person who moderates the table and the person with the most entries in the table there's a LOT more than just memory speed. The point difference between my 1070 Ti at stock core and +500mhz memory and then 2100MHz core and +500 memory is about 800 points.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Yeah on my laptop's 1050 4GB (non-Ti) my framerate is more consistent with less stutter and drops as the time to access certain blocks of memory is lower.

However you need to pay attention to core clock as that's what affects framerate more than memory, at least up until RTX.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

that doesn't make any sense. Wanna hear a joke?

32 core AMD Opterons.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Why not download Maxwell BIOS Editor and raise the power and voltage limits? I got both my 960s running at 1600-ish MHs which is pretty high for Maxwell.

binderasaf1

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
The difference in core clocks is 25mhz, that's the thing. Not in a milion years such a small core clock and mem difference would cause such a dramatic increase in fps, that's what me, or anyone else here so far fails to provide a proper explanation, beyond self made hypothesis....

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Oof

Maybe if i had better cooling since the heatsink only touches the gpu die (r7 250 xfx low profile).
Weird thing is that max oc that I could get with crashes was 1350ish (1300 stable for most games), could edit memory timings, i dont remember voltage max in bios editor, but funny thing to know.

You could also mod the crap out of msi and read out the voltage of it and if i remember correctly? control it?
Extended oc is need to be ticked, otherwise stuck to 1100Mhz.

killerabdb

Proper
Apr 3, 2018
This is what I got with a Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ and an i5 8500. RAM is 16GB DDR4 3000MHz. The PSU is the new Corsair HX1000 Platinum.

https://imgur.com/a/LlfMN7g

I don't know how you post the actual image on here. I tried clicking the image thing on the edit section but it's blank after posting. That's why I linked it.

killerabdb

Proper
Apr 3, 2018

I'm sorry but I'm not quite sure what to do, also how do you paste the image on here. I can only link it for some reason. Also, can you please tell me the main rules, thanks.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

You had quoted the rules from page #1.
1. Use standard Nvidia / AMD settings, especially don't tamper with the tesselation settings.
2. Post the screenshot, with both GPUZ and the Superposition window in the same image.
3. The only allowed tweak is overclocking. No driver tweaks please.

So you'll need to run the test again, with both GPU-Z and Superposition on screen in the same screenshot.
I thought there was a rule about MSI Afterburner, but there is not.
Always good to see though - see what kind of OC;s were achieved.

killerabdb

Proper
Apr 3, 2018

What do you mean "with both GPU-Z and Superposition on screen in the same screenshot?"

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015
I always have tons of fun explaining how to do some of the simplest things to people. It really helps my existing anger and patience problems.

Poor taste in jokes/sarcasm aside, I'm creeping up on Robert Ban's 1050 Ti. Mine doesn't have a 6-pin so the power limit is locked at 100%.

to anyone who can't figure out how to embed an image, do some research on forum formatting called BBCode.

G1VYg4J.jpg

NEVER!
(Ps, Dunno why 2 spoilers)

{mod edit} the end quote was placed before the end spoiler. I fixed it for you.

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015

Why on earth would you put that card with an i5 8400? I sincerely hope you plan to upgrade to at least an 8700 or 9th gen CPU. My E5 1650 V2 performs the same as a stock 8700 and I have a 1070 Ti. Your card belongs in my system more than it does yours, as that CPU is like a moonshine bottle in terms of bottlenecking. Big fat GPU at the bottom and this tiny weak CPU at the top, heavily limiting your performance.

Table will be updated shortly.

killerabdb

Proper
Apr 3, 2018

Thanks for your reply. But you are wrong, the i5 8500 does NOT bottleneck a Vega 64. In fact, it can even almost max out a 2080 Ti. It's there on YouTube. In my case, the GPU usage is always at 100% while the CPU usage is mostly under 50%. That isn't a bottleneck. However, you are right about one thing, obviously if I upgrade my CPU I'd get more FPS in games, but only by a small amount. Also, try asking anyone whether the i5 8500 will bottleneck a Vega 64, the answer is no. Anyway, thanks for your time man.

Status
Not open for further replies.