Tom's Hardware Wants You For Our Editorial Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Captivus

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
I was born in Germany, i have an Italian nationality and I live in Argentina. I still can’t believe they don’t have a Spanish translator team, just translate. I’m available for that when Tom is ready.

acku

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
[citation][nom]lord captivus[/nom]I was born in Germany, i have an Italian nationality and I live in Argentina. I still can’t believe they don’t have a Spanish translator team, just translate. I’m available for that when Tom is ready.[/citation]

Then you should definitely send an email. :)

Cheers,
Andrew Ku
TomsHardware.com

king_maliken

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Well it's too bad my qualifications are just on the technical side, no writing experience, except what has been done in university. Man I live and breathe tech, It'd certainly be nice to work it too!

acku

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
[citation][nom]king_maliken[/nom]Well it's too bad my qualifications are just on the technical side, no writing experience, except what has been done in university. Man I live and breathe tech, It'd certainly be nice to work it too![/citation]

Follow your passion. If it's something you're willing to dive deep into, don't let that be an obstacle. We all started as n00bs in one way or another.

Cheers,
Andrew Ku
TomsHardware.com

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Would be awesome, but i am currently at University so the timing is not so good.

Damn.. and i've even been to computex as a buyer.

acku

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Would be awesome, but i am currently at University so the timing is not so good. Damn.. and i've even been to computex as a buyer.[/citation]

Oh man.... Some of us have crazy stories juggling reviews and uni.

Cheers,
Andrew Ku
TomsHardware.com

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I think it is nothing short of awesomeness that you guys are doing this in such a manner.

[citation][nom]acku[/nom]Follow your passion. If it's something you're willing to dive deep into, don't let that be an obstacle. We all started as n00bs in one way or another. Cheers,Andrew KuTomsHardware.com[/citation]

This is not only kind but inspiring as well. It is refreshing to see this sort of attitude in a world full of negativity. Tom's is lucky to have you.

G

this is my last year of my studies in C.S. and I am pretty busy sometimes with my exams or my projects, so I would like to ask you a few questions.
First of all, how much effort (timewise) we need to put into an article or anything else and
Secondly, is there any date that you will stop accepting applications?
(I am greek with english(almost fluent) and Deutsch(haven't spoken/trained in years, kinda rusty) certificate, and in less than a year I'll have my bachelor at c.s.)
P.S. A few days before you had your servers here in Greece now you movedD to France :(

Thanks in advance.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Any interests in Canadians with a background in geographic information systems, graphic design and computer systems design, specifically for those purposes? Yes I mean the real world software applications that are used with the "right" hardware specs to maximize a persons or companies bang for their buck.

1foxracing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
Can we nominate forum posters? If so I would say Jaquith. He consistently gives great advice and I think he would be a great addition to your team.

acku

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I think it is nothing short of awesomeness that you guys are doing this in such a manner. This is not only kind but inspiring as well. It is refreshing to see this sort of attitude in a world full of negativity. Tom's is lucky to have you.[/citation]
That's nice of you to say. :)

@Everyone, if you're kind of interested but not quite ready to fire off an email to our Editor in Chief, click on my user name and send me your questions via our Forum's PM system. I'll try to answer them as best I can.

@Yorgos. There really is no way to answer that question definitively. Sometimes it's a day. Sometimes it's a week. It really depends on the project and the writer.

@climber. Tom's Hardware is a big community. If you have a story idea and have a passion for tech, I'd suggest you fire off an email to our Editor in Chief (address listed in post).

@amuffin http://www.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/flsa/026.htm Legal working age in the US is 14 for non-agri work. That's the federal law. Each state has its own rules though. If you're unsure, send an email asking.

I would love to be an editor, i've followed technology for the past 10 years and have seen many great strides in the tech. industry. I read many technology sites including Toms over the years to help me understand the components of computers. However, there are many more people out there that are much more qualified than I.

I would love to be able to play with the newest, hottest technology around. But location does not favor me.

Wish the best of luck to whoever gets it!

G

Any age limit? Need to get some money for my sandy-bridge e build soon...

victorious 3930k

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Oh, I live in the UK. I' don't want to be a writer though, I want to edit it. And as I come from Latin America, I would also be up for Spanish translating. However, I doubt I'm in the UK's legal working age.

victorious 3930k

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Oops, sorry for two accounts. I didn't notice my first account was up. Any chance of merging the "AV" account with mine? (oh, and keep my name, not the AV one!)

acku

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
[citation][nom]AV[/nom]Any age limit? Need to get some money for my sandy-bridge e build soon...[/citation]

If you're in this for the money or the gadgets, this gig is going to get old fast. Follow your passion first, money will follow.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
And yet no Portuguese? Too bad I have only a few minutes per day, otherwise I'd apply immediately if somehow a PT site were to launch.

arunloveshacking

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
I live in India and would love to join your team and its been one of my passions. But if this is open to people only in US, then its a let down again for me :( Can you kindly clarify that will I be able to participate in this or just limited to US residents?

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
Without having to burden the person who reviews the e-mails for the review process, would anyone happen to know what kind of time commitment would be necessary for a starting editing position?

acku

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
[citation][nom]sseyler[/nom]Without having to burden the person who reviews the e-mails for the review process, would anyone happen to know what kind of time commitment would be necessary for a starting editing position?[/citation]

Depends on the copy editor. Some people work fast. Some people work slow. It's really about the end product.

Status
Not open for further replies.