Tom's Hardware's Top 40 Steampunk Computer Mods From Pinterest

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]andrewcarr[/nom]Is it just me or does anyone else think everything is hideous and you wouldn't ever want it?[/citation]
It's just you.

teddymines

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
I think it would be cool to build one where the gauges responded to load or temp, steam pressure vented occasionally, the "furnace" glowed as more power was called for, and gears and cams moved. Imagine having to stoke the furnace with a bellows to squeeze a few more MHz out of your rig during a critical battle.

g-unit1111

Titan
[citation][nom]ddan49[/nom]They should mod some components to look steampunk now. A steampunk CPU cooler... now what would THAT look like?[/citation]

It'd probably look like Doc Brown's giant refrigerator in Back To The Future Part III. :lol:

G

aw, man... can't believe you didn't include that touchscreen one! http://needsmoresteam.com/category/steampunk-computer/

G

@ andrewcarr

its not just you. the people who like this is most likely old 30+. and obviously does not know of the great mods of this century.

i love hunting mods, and the steampunk genre mods baffles me. and always are desgiend by guys in their 40's... says something.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Why are the Art Deco keyboards included in this round up?

Thanks for the photos, some very cool looking things here. While perhaps difficult and more dangerous to work with... TUBE type monitors would have worked better for the OLD-STYLE computers. Especially if they are made for exhibition, not real use.

n240sxle91

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Is it just me, or are the picture articles on Tomshardware always broken/hardly work? I try it with Chrome, and I try it with IE, and both have major issues with these type of articles (mainly moving from one picture to the next).

Status
Not open for further replies.