Tom's To Transition to All Apple News

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gnesterenko

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Because they are all good points?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]I do work from home. I get away with a lot of things, but my cat has an attraction for bare skin and would flay me if I didn't wear trousers. I don't need (or want) an iMac. You can put anything in Irish breakfast tea (Earl Gray is muck) and Irish coffee isn't really coffee once you put the whiskey in.citation]

Okay, fair enough. I don't know much about tea ; not enough caffeine in that anyway. But can't you buy your cat one of those tree things it can canibalize instead of you? Perhaps with the money you don't need on the imac after all.

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Nice April fools article. I do like the "invest heavily into a Mac, and then toss it out" line. It just needed to be shortened like I did and take the comma out.

:)

G

I love all the people that really think this is hilarious.

"Yeah, I've never heard any of these complaints about Apple before! Very original! Great ideas!!11! Lol lol!!"

Pure comedy.

reapper

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Sorry but though the post is written close to the "parody humour guidelines" I can't say it's really funny even if it's true. On the other hand I hope Micro$oft won't pick up pieces of this article as "3rd party proof&support" ;] Now that would be funny as HELL :D

armistitiu

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2008
What? Someone finally writes the truth about Apple and people think it's a joke? Damn! Apple is brainwashing us all! :)
Just as someone already said : joke or not this is one (true) good article.

wickedninja

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Dude, when I read this I laughed so hard my mom came down to the basement to tell me to shut it! So I sez, go get me some more Trix and Poptarts! I need to eat! She's gets all like, dude, your 28 now you can get your own food and now i'm going to have to go all GTA4 on her azz. sereusly who would buy a mac when the fps 4 wow is so lo? Da chicks cant stand when resolution or frame rate have to drop - trust me I know this from experience, and yes i'm sure it was those things.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]deltatux[/nom]What's with the Apple centric April Fool's jokes?[/citation]

We're poking fun at the fact that anytime we report anything to do with Apple we get stick over it. :p

G

Got me on the intro paragraph but those "reasons" make no sense and easy to see the April Fools part. These should get some converts to the PC camp...

jfriend

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2007
Maybe you shouldn't have been quite so over-the-top with this one.

You almost had me for sec..........ahhh, who am I fooling? NO, you didn't!

Good for a laugh though. I think you hit every one of Apple's marketing points. Even last one is something you hear put forward by the Mac lemmings (higher cost = exclusivity and prestige = coolness).

katmandude

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2003
bastardo ^^ you had me going for a bit... ^^ the whole office almost died laughing when our local PC fan boy went berzerk after reading the first posts...

good one ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.