Tons Of New Win7 Launch Hardware--Roundup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
[citation][nom]cheepstuff[/nom]yes, but can it play Cr... *hit in the head with an arrow*[/citation]

*waves* Thanks for standing still, wanker!

G

[citation][nom]cheepstuff[/nom]yes, but can it play Cr... *hit in the head with an arrow*[/citation]
--- Finishes off with a Ray Gun
█▒▒▒▒►▬╬◄≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡▒▒▒▒☼☼§╖

HansVonOhain

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Hitokage[/nom]*waves* Thanks for standing still, wanker![/citation]

My favorite game, Team Fortress 2

But as far as this topic, Windows 7 is awesome, no doubt about it

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Glad I don't work retail anymore. I worked at Office Depot when Vista was released and you have to work over nights to replace every single desktop and every single laptop you have on display. Wow is it annoying.

Hitokage

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
[citation][nom]duckmanx88[/nom]lol i've never seen anyone with 20thumbs up and have their next post 3 thumbs down.nice fail hitokage.[/citation]

Better that than getting banned because someone gets offended.

[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]it was funny until i read this... dude, we know.[/citation]

Thats when you Jarate the guy for ruining the joke....

[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Glad I don't work retail anymore. I worked at Office Depot when Vista was released and you have to work over nights to replace every single desktop and every single laptop you have on display. Wow is it annoying.[/citation]

I wouldn't mind it. Beats taking calls for a company when people only call to complain that their service being turned off for not paying their bill is a violation of their rights.....

ithica

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
So, Bill steps down and shortly thereafter Microsoft develops an OS that is an actual improvement? Still, it appears most PCs sold can't have MS products returned for a refund or discount...

guitarpeggio

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]zingam[/nom]That kind of comments are stupid.[/citation]

Bwahahahahaha. I love it when people use bad grammar while calling someone else stupid.

Wuts the madder? Caint yu make commints like ya useta could?

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
DING DONG! VISTA IS DEAD!

Already seeing Major companies selling PCs with only Windows7 or WinXP Pro. (Lenovo, Dell, HP, etc)

You won't hear someone say "DOh! I want Vista, not Win7!"

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
But if now is the moment you need a new laptop--there's a huge selection to choose from (or, maybe you're just lazy and don't want to waste precious minutes installing a new OS on a laptop--let the manufacturer do it for you!).

I wonder if you even know what most likely is the procedure when one of tom's readers gets a nice and shining new machine.
Let me tell it to you they will remove anything that the OEM they bought their system from dropped on it.
In other words depending on the OEM and the bloatware of the day people spend more time getting rid of the stuff that came preloaded then they would performing a clean install.

Are you new to computers ?, new to Tom's or have you never bought a new computer system ?, It really helps to think about stuff before you write lines like that unless of course you like the pile of crap that comes preloaded in which case you might be better of looking for a new job.

tomsguiderachel1

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
[citation][nom]hemelskonijn[/nom]I wonder if you even know what most likely is the procedure when one of tom's readers gets a nice and shining new machine.Let me tell it to you they will remove anything that the OEM they bought their system from dropped on it.In other words depending on the OEM and the bloatware of the day people spend more time getting rid of the stuff that came preloaded then they would performing a clean install.Are you new to computers ?, new to Tom's or have you never bought a new computer system ?, It really helps to think about stuff before you write lines like that unless of course you like the pile of crap that comes preloaded in which case you might be better of looking for a new job.[/citation]
Sorry, hemelskonijn. I didn't even mention bloatware, did I? For the purposes of this article, why would I discuss that? This is an article about launches. Not every tom's reader removes the OS from a new laptop (and OS is the only software I talked about having the manufacturer install for you). Also, let me introduce myself. I am not new--I am the editor of Tom's Guide. This news article we are commenting on appeared on Tom's Hardware--a different site. The readers of Tom's Guide don't always follow the same rules of conduct as the readers of Tom's Hardware. Anyway, the point is that you seem really angry--you're telling me to get a new job because of "lines like that" and I don't even know which line you're talking about. Just keep in mind that most consumers would rather NOT have to install a new OS by themselves. Call them noobs, but don't call them anything meaner than that. It would be over-the-top to do so. Thanks :)

G

[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]DING DONG! VISTA IS DEAD!Already seeing Major companies selling PCs with only Windows7 or WinXP Pro. (Lenovo, Dell, HP, etc)You won't hear someone say "DOh! I want Vista, not Win7!"[/citation]

It's funny how all those XP haters (aka Vista Lovers) are now going to the Win7 bootcamp, while there are still those who favor WinXP!

Vista's left for dead, XP and 7 are still alive and kicking!

I guess in the end that would mean that XP was better (than Vista) after all!

mukanil

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
Windows 7 killing Vista?... Hardly, not as far as gaming goes. Windows 7 doesn't improve anything and there is absolutely no reason to switch from what I've seen to date. In fact, Windows 7 does worse in many areas than both XP and Vista. So... there ya go. I'm not wasting money on Win7 just because they made it more business friendly/streamlined or whatnot, I want improved performance.

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
Sorry, hemelskonijn. I didn't even mention bloatware, did I? For the purposes of this article, why would I discuss that? This is an article about launches. Not every tom's reader removes the OS from a new laptop (and OS is the only software I talked about having the manufacturer install for you). Also, let me introduce myself. I am not new--I am the editor of Tom's Guide. This news article we are commenting on appeared on Tom's Hardware--a different site. The readers of Tom's Guide don't always follow the same rules of conduct as the readers of Tom's Hardware. Anyway, the point is that you seem really angry--you're telling me to get a new job because of "lines like that" and I don't even know which line you're talking about. Just keep in mind that most consumers would rather NOT have to install a new OS by themselves. Call them noobs, but don't call them anything meaner than that. It would be over-the-top to do so. Thanks :)

You did indeed neglected to think about the bloatware and for the purpose of this article it would have been better in my humble opinion not to mention the installation by manufacturer.

Lines like that would be the line i quoted if you did not understand that you have proven my point of you being not to much of a journalist.

Most consumers would indeed prefer never ever having to do anything including installing there system OS.
However fact remains that most consumers don't want a brand new system filled with bloatware and this has nothing to do with anger.
Suggesting to let an OEM do it for me so it would be smooth and easy is indeed an insult to my intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.