[SOLVED] too high cpu usage

Apr 20, 2020
hi, i am curious if i can lower my cpu usage cuz it is over 90% in some games like call of duty warzone or gta 5 with some tricks or programs
my cpu is an i5 4690, 4 core 4 thread
another question: can i lower my cpu usage if i change my gpu to something better like from an 1060 to a 1070 ti

Solution
Your CPUs sets the maximum framerate a game could get, then it's up to your GPU to render frames at the same pace.

The only way to reduce CPU usage is to turn graphics settings up to put more load on the GPU. This will not improve framerate, in fact it may reduce it, but will reduce CPU usage.

If you want lower CPU usage and better CPU performance, your only choice is to upgrade your CPU.

Upgrading your GPU will only increase CPU usage if anything.
Your CPUs sets the maximum framerate a game could get, then it's up to your GPU to render frames at the same pace.

The only way to reduce CPU usage is to turn graphics settings up to put more load on the GPU. This will not improve framerate, in fact it may reduce it, but will reduce CPU usage.

If you want lower CPU usage and better CPU performance, your only choice is to upgrade your CPU.

Reactions: justTEUT4690
Solution
Apr 20, 2020

thank you for the reply
so i guess i will do the graphics thing unless i get a new cpu, and it wouldnt happen too soon