Aug 9, 2019
Hi
I have an AMD A8-7650k which came with an office build with no VCard. I then bought a GT 1030 which works fine but it seems the CPU is going crazy. The first time I noticed high temps I immediately applied thermal paste and it worked just fine till the paste was over. Noticing that it's gone, I applied new paste but the CPU is nothing but hot. I got 60C only by browsing and it suddenly jumps up to 75-80C if clicking on something or alt-tabing.
Also, if i hear a "cling" sound during gaming (which can be heard when I turn off the pc), is it the PSU?
Images from HWMonitor and the temps when running CineBench

Solution
If the thermal paste is not some $1 chinese product, then the first thing that comes into my mind is a virus. If not, then it might be an airflow issue. Maybe the cpu fan is spinning too slow to keep up with. Office pc's are aimed for silent operation rather than cooling. You might not be able to control the fan speed on an oem board, even if it has 4 pins (meaning that usually supports pwm). Try to remove the side panel. If it's an sff case without an exhaust fan then add one.
The GT 1030 is a 30w tdp card, it shouldn't produce that much heat.

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
If the thermal paste is not some $1 chinese product, then the first thing that comes into my mind is a virus. If not, then it might be an airflow issue. Maybe the cpu fan is spinning too slow to keep up with. Office pc's are aimed for silent operation rather than cooling. You might not be able to control the fan speed on an oem board, even if it has 4 pins (meaning that usually supports pwm). Try to remove the side panel. If it's an sff case without an exhaust fan then add one.
The GT 1030 is a 30w tdp card, it shouldn't produce that much heat.

Solution