[SOLVED] Too much power consumption or false reading?

RLarcosPES2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2014
I have my PC running for days and I also have open hardware monitor at all times. This software can show Max temps,voltages and power consumption much like HWMonitor and similar software. I noticed that the maximum power consumption for the CPU to be at 256 Watts! While the previous record was set while running Intel Burn test was at 180 Watts. I am very surprised as I haven't done anything very intensive for these past 2 days that I haven't rebooted my PC.

Specs:
Intel Core i7-4790k Stock but have removed all Power Savings Options in BIOS and Windows so the CPU runs at 4.4ghz at ALL times without me having touched clocks, voltages and the turbo function is on and it is at stock settings.

Gigabyte Z97-HD3 motherboard

Team Vullcan 16GB(2x8) 2400mhz DDR3 RAM.

Hyper EVO 212X Cooler

GTX 970 with factory OC(Gigabyte Windforce with 3 fans)

Some old Samsung SSD before the Evo series appeared 256GB

Samsung Evo 840 120GB SSD

Western Digital 1TB 7200rpm hard disk

Corsair CS650M PSU(before you say this is a low end unit, keep in mind that it is 5 years old, has run the PC 24/7 for 2 years while mining crypto on both the CPU and GPU non stop at full load and has many times handled lengthy gaming and video rendering sessions while staying on for days at times(like today although my PC is only downloading big sized games compared to my lousy internet connection).

P.S: Can't attach images. I tried both imgur and imgbb and they don't work.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Sure you're not loking at total usage?

P.S: Can't attach images. I tried both imgur and imgbb and they don't work.
try like this,

You can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.
can use the little icon right of the "paperclip" icon at the top of the post to p[lace a picture,but try to copy the .img into a post first.