Question Took boot SSD from Alienware laptop and put it in Desktop

Floatingamer

Honorable
Mar 31, 2019
I took the boot SSD and the secondary storage from my Alienware laptop and put it in my Desktop when I built it. I know its bad form and that I should have reinstalled the OS freshly on my Desktop but so far I haven't had any major issues with the operation of the Desktop. Is there anything I have to look out for or any major future issues that can happen that I need to worry about? Also if anyone could help me out with moving the data to another SSD and reinstalling windows while still keeping my data that would be great as I am already looking into upgrading my 256 gb boot SSD to a 1 tb one.

USAFRet

Titan
I took the boot SSD and the secondary storage from my Alienware laptop and put it in my Desktop when I built it. I know its bad form and that I should have reinstalled the OS freshly on my Desktop but so far I haven't had any major issues with the operation of the Desktop. Is there anything I have to look out for or any major future issues that can happen that I need to worry about? Also if anyone could help me out with moving the data to another SSD and reinstalling windows while still keeping my data that would be great as I am already looking into upgrading my 256 gb boot SSD to a 1 tb one.
Sometimes it works, sometimes if fails massively.
Sometimes, you don't see problems for a while.

Your data? Copy to some other device. Reinstall the OS, all your applications, copy the data back to the new system.

Floatingamer

Honorable
Mar 31, 2019
Sometimes it works, sometimes if fails massively.
Sometimes, you don't see problems for a while.

Your data? Copy to some other device. Reinstall the OS, all your applications, copy the data back to the new system.
so theres no automatic way to transfer the files back? I just need to transfer the data from one drive to another reinstall the OS on the empty drive and manually transfer the data back?