Took off Heatsink and no thermal compound left any reason ..

Took off Heatsink and no thermal compound left any reason this would
happen ?

Nothing on the CPu nothing on the heatsink ?

The reason i did this becuase the CPu was running WAY to hot, it was
running like 20c Ambient and 55 to 60 on idle and light load ?

I have two thermal compounds one i got with the heatsink which iam
using got it with my Vantec AeroFLow, someone said it was Artic Silver
3 i have NO idea if it is does not say that on the tube.

Anyway everythings ok now CPu at 46c idle at the momment, if i laped
the Heatsink prob 43c :)

Any ideas on why no thermal compound left ?, it was about 3 or 4
months since i applied it.

Thanks.

PS, Xp2400, 1.65 voltage.

On Mon, 03 May 2004 13:46:54 +1000, We Live For The One We Die For The One
wrote:

> Took off Heatsink and no thermal compound left any reason this would
> happen ?

Maybe you forgot to put it on.

> Nothing on the CPu nothing on the heatsink ?

Maybe someone else had access to it.

> Any ideas on why no thermal compound left ?, it was about 3 or 4
> months since i applied it.

It doesn't evaporate, so everything points to it never being there to
begin with or someone playing a mean prank.

Nahh i put it on i only have access to my PC ?

On Mon, 03 May 2004 11:16:33 GMT, Wes Newell
<w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 03 May 2004 13:46:54 +1000, We Live For The One We Die For The One
>wrote:
>

>> Took off Heatsink and no thermal compound left any reason this would
>> happen ?
>>
>Maybe you forgot to put it on.
>
>> Nothing on the CPu nothing on the heatsink ?
>>
>Maybe someone else had access to it.
>
>> Any ideas on why no thermal compound left ?, it was about 3 or 4
>> months since i applied it.
>>
>It doesn't evaporate, so everything points to it never being there to
>begin with or someone playing a mean prank.

Stacey

We Live For The One We Die For The One wrote:

> Nahh i put it on i only have access to my PC ?

Like he said, it doesn't evaporate..

--

Stacey

I've had it dry up like a river bed, but I've never heard of it just not
being there. The physics on my planet preclude it vanishing.

Heatsink compound can pump out over time...
o But it goes somewhere
o Pump out is quite limited - ie, there's CLEAR evidence of it being left :)

Also don't put too much compound on when you do, it's not toast,
it's a heatsink to CPU core/heatspreader interface requiring little.
--
Dorothy Bradbury
www.stores.ebay.co.uk/panaflofan for fans, books & other items