[SOLVED] Tosgiba R30c : Downgrade from M.2 to 2.5in

May 2, 2020
I just bought a toshiba R30c refurbished laptop, not realising that it is equipped with an M.2 sata SSD. The size of the SSD is small for my usage, and would like to replace it with my existing 2.5in SSD. But the internal cable seems to be customised and built-in for the M.2 tray. I know that the model does come with normal 2.5in hard drives. So I wonder if anyone knows how to replace the M.2 SSD with a 2.5in SSD for this Toshiba laptop? Many thanks!

Solution
Does not seem to have anything obvious related to the hard drive under the tray.

There is little I can find on the internet about this model. Just surprised there is little interchangeability within the same model with different types of drives?
$$$
Few are the people that try to mix/match parts in a laptop.

If you need a bigger drive in this laptop, you buy a larger M.2 SATA III drive.
May 2, 2020
There is space for the 2.5in drive. The M.2 SSD is contained in a tray with a seemingly built in (to the tray) cable to the motherboard.
20200502-235411.jpg

May 2, 2020
The plastic tray is of the size of 2.5in drive and is removable but the cable seems to be built into the tray. So I was hoping it is possible to get a cable to connect to a 2.5in drive

May 2, 2020
Does not seem to have anything obvious related to the hard drive under the tray.

There is little I can find on the internet about this model. Just surprised there is little interchangeability within the same model with different types of drives?

USAFRet

Titan

$$$
Few are the people that try to mix/match parts in a laptop.

If you need a bigger drive in this laptop, you buy a larger M.2 SATA III drive.

Solution