Toshiba NAND Sale Moves Forward, WD Cooperates

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Don't be fooled, there are only really two storage companies left, WD and Seagate. Keeping Toshiba around made it look a little less like a duopoly, but WD was clearly calling the shots, since they filed a lawsuit anytime Toshiba did something an independent company would do.

Of course, Seagate doesn't have a good presence in the flash world, so maybe a future purchase is in the works. I thought I heard something about Intel shopping around their storage division?

BTW, what is that huge Toshiba chip in that SSD for? Thought tech was getting smaller.

Kennyy Evony

Reputable
Aug 12, 2014
I remember buying a new NEC 200MHz pc with a 2GB SEAGATE hard drive and out of the bat it had 15% bad sectors on it from out of the box. After i went through the warranty process and security deposit cost to sent it back for replacement; Two days after a new one arrived, it got bad sectors on it AGAIN! From then on i only had 1 other seagate drive which also had bad sectors on it and never have I purchased another one. I have actually never seen a Seagate drive without bad sectors on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.