Question Toshiba Thunderbolt Dock won't read USB memory sticks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2023
Hi Everyone
I have a Toshiba Thunderbolt Dock connected to a Toshiba Portege laptop via USB C cable. The external monitor plugged into the dock works just fine, and the laptop charges from the dock, but the USB ports on the dock won't read memory sticks or USB mouse dongle. The lights appear on the memory sticks but they don't appear on the PC. If someone can help me to get the USB ports to work I'd be very grateful. Cheers

Mar 17, 2023
I have read that the BIOS need to be set properly. This bit I have done correctly - "
  1. Be sure to enable the "Internal Thunderbolt Controller" in the BIOS of your PC (BIOS Setting: Advanced - System Configuration - Internal Thunderbolt Controller - "Enabled").​
But the function listed in this instruction does not seem to exist in the BIOS on my laptop - "For additional Thunderbolt BIOS Configuration, please check BIOS menu section "Advanced" and scroll down to "Thunderbolt Configuration". In this section you will find the "Devices under Thunderbolt" configuration as well as "Security Level" selection. "

Mar 17, 2023
Solved! It was the Thunderbolt control software that was installed but not up to date. Took me ages to find a download for it (the one in the app store didn't work) but got it now and it works just fine.

Thanks for you help guys, and thanks for the prompts to search for the right drivers. Much appreciated.

Reactions: rgd1101
Status
Not open for further replies.