[SOLVED] Total War: Warhammer 2

agentile

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2012
Good morning guys,

I'm having issues with this game. My system runs the likes of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, AC: Odyssey and Resident Evil 2: Remake flawlessly at 1440p so I'm thinking it must be the game.

While I'm in campaign mode or a battle the screen will go black for a few seconds--with me being able to move the mouse and hear sound--and then the textures will slowly load back in till the game returns and then a few minutes later it will happen again with frequent FPS spikes in between.

I have...

• Updated Windows
  • Reinstalled Display Driver
  • Ran HD health check both CHDSK and Seagate software
  • Tried running the game in Windowed mode

Any help would be appreciated.

My system:

CPU: R7 2700X
MB: Asus ROG STRIX X470-F
CPU Cooler: be quiet Dark Rock 4
GFX: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB BLACK GAMING
Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Module DDR4 3000Mhz
PSU: Corsair Fully Modular RM650X
HD1: Samsung 970 EVO Polaris 250GB M.2 PCIe 3D NVMe SSD/Solid State Drive
HD2: Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 Desktop SATA III Hard Drive
Case: Fractal Meshify C

Solution
After recently installing the game again,I've narrowed it down to SSAO. When I turn the SSAO off, it runs great. With it turned on, it's causing the issues.

I can't see how it could be a hardware problem. I can play every game under the sun including the recent Control, and they run great. It's only Total War: Warhammer 2.
Feb 12, 2019
Can't be the game, i tell you this because i could run Total War: Warhammer 2 with the Intel HD Graphics 4200 integrated GPU (in low settings) of my 6 years old PC for many hours and didn't see this problem. Check your cables, or any malfunction components you recently installed.

agentile

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2012
After recently installing the game again,I've narrowed it down to SSAO. When I turn the SSAO off, it runs great. With it turned on, it's causing the issues.

I can't see how it could be a hardware problem. I can play every game under the sun including the recent Control, and they run great. It's only Total War: Warhammer 2.

Solution