'Total War: Warhammer' Demo Debuts To The Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
It's a shame CA hasn't released a quality title since Rome: TW over 10 years ago. Though I love Warhammer and have enjoyed some TW games I just can't get excited because of the poor quality control of CA.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
OMG this is so exciting. Its the first time War hammer will translate to a video game well. Not an MMO, not an RTS. A resource gathering TBS and RTS main combat with huge armies.

LostAlone

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
It's a shame CA hasn't released a quality title since Rome: TW over 10 years ago. Though I love Warhammer and have enjoyed some TW games I just can't get excited because of the poor quality control of CA.

Rome II was bad but Empire and Napoleon and Shogun II were fine. Not perfect games, but they still played well at least in my experience. I'm totally ready to get excited.

Looks more like Lord of the Rings with a little steampunk thrown in than Warhammer, maybe an updated "King Arthur - The Role Playing Wargame" . Exciting nonetheless

Well, Warhammer is heavily inspired by LotR and 'large scale fantasy battles' are kinda limited in how different they can be - big blocks of dudes fighting. I'm not saying you're wrong as such, just that looking like the battles from LotR is a compliment to this.

MotherBrain

Reputable
May 7, 2015
this is a step in the right direction.... the minute we come out with LOTR: total war, I'm making the first pre-order of my life. I still prefer the third age MTW2 mod to any of the newer total war games.

Arbie

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
I hope they will fix the perennial weakness of Total War games, that enemy combatants will just stand next to each other and do nothing. That happens quite a few times in this clip although they pan very rapidly to mask such things. As with most game engines, perfecting the fundamentals takes second place to adding eye candy (and this one has plenty of that).

Status
Not open for further replies.