[SOLVED] Touchpad and Fingerprint Sensor Not Working (ASUS/Win10)

swks

Prominent
Feb 22, 2018
I have an ASUS UX331U(a?) and its touchpad and fingerprint sensor simply stopped working at the same time. I have absolutely no idea what is wrong with the touchpad and my computer pretends it doesn't exist at all. There is no option of a touchpad in Windows Settings and under Device Managers no drivers exist. I tried downloading drivers for it and it did not work.

For the fingerprint sensor, it shows as a "Goodix Fingerprint SPI Device" under Device Manager and it shows a status of;

"
This device is currently waiting on another device or set of devices to start. (Code 51)

Dependencies:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D29&SUBSYS_1D2D1043&REV_21\3&11583659&1&F2
ACPI\INT344B\3&11583659&1
"

Anyone know what is going on?

Solution
Fixed the issue myself. Device Manager was telling me a bunch of Intel IO Host Controllers had errors too and I never saw that before. Double-clicked on them, went to "Drivers" and clicked the "Roll Back Driver" option on them. Soon as I did it for all, touchpad and fingerprint sensor came back online. Seemed to be an Intel driver issue.

swks

Prominent
Feb 22, 2018
Fixed the issue myself. Device Manager was telling me a bunch of Intel IO Host Controllers had errors too and I never saw that before. Double-clicked on them, went to "Drivers" and clicked the "Roll Back Driver" option on them. Soon as I did it for all, touchpad and fingerprint sensor came back online. Seemed to be an Intel driver issue.

Solution