Touchscreen stopped working on my Asus laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketrab

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
I've noticed that the touch screen stopped responding. I don't have the touch screen functionality. I did not do any changes to the system besides having automatic updates done on the computer. "View pen and touch info" is not there. Please help.

Model: UX302LA

Thank in advance.

Solution
Saw this that might help

""...I finally stumbled upon the solutions to both forms of touch screen failure - the failure upon closing the lid and more semi-permanent failure - are both caused by simple, stupid bugs arising from the particular combination of Asus' touch screen interface design and Windows' USB power management algorithms. If your touch screen is going out when you close the lid, you probably have set the computer's power settings so that it "does nothing" upon closing the lid. Changing this setting to "sleep" - after first restoring touch functionality, of course - fixed the problem instantly and permanently for me, though this will probably only work if you first go into the Windows Device Manager and find the touch...

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Saw this that might help

""...I finally stumbled upon the solutions to both forms of touch screen failure - the failure upon closing the lid and more semi-permanent failure - are both caused by simple, stupid bugs arising from the particular combination of Asus' touch screen interface design and Windows' USB power management algorithms. If your touch screen is going out when you close the lid, you probably have set the computer's power settings so that it "does nothing" upon closing the lid. Changing this setting to "sleep" - after first restoring touch functionality, of course - fixed the problem instantly and permanently for me, though this will probably only work if you first go into the Windows Device Manager and find the touch screen device - it's a "USB Input Device" under the "Human Interface Devices" heading - right click and go to "Properties", go to the "Power Management" tab, and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". The more permanent-seeming touch screen failure was instantly resolved by disabling the "USB Selective Suspend" feature in the power settings and cold-booting. So if you're having touch screen problems, chances are excellent that your touch screen is actually fine, and all you need to do is change all the settings as I've indicated here, cold-booting first if necessary to bring the touch screen back to life before you start. Hope this helps someone! "

Solution

scoldilocks

Reputable
Sep 11, 2014

Thanks Tradesman1 - you saved me hours of hair-tearing!

pspaddicted1

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014
THANK YOU SO MUCH....my laptop did and update and after I restarted it the touchscreen didn't work anymore.....your a life saver!!!! I printed this off so if it ever happens again I will know what to do. Now I am a happy girl again!

Suheil Dhanse

Reputable
Oct 13, 2014

I have the ASUS UX301 .. i have the same problem. As soon as i insall the windows updates, the touch screen starts working. Thes response from Tradesman 1 works but ONLY after i roll back the updates and restore windows to before the updates were installed.. were you able to fix the problem WITHOUT uninstalling the windows updates??

sawyersolutions

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
You are awesome! I have the brand new model Q551L and had the same issue. I followed your instructions but the only difference is you just need to tell it to enable the device and then it worked perfect. I really appreciate the post and the time saved!!!

chiegv

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014

This solution works great! All you need to do just go to device manager, right click the first USB Input Device (under human interface devices) and enable it. Viola! It works again, thanks!

derekbro

Reputable
Dec 19, 2014
I have been having similar issue for little over a week now. Initially resolved with this fix. However, now I do not see the USB device under Human Interface Device. If I go through Troubleshooting and do the fix a device wizard I can some times get the "Pen and Touch" to show under Hardware and Devices in control panel, but still do not see the Device under Human Interface Devices.

I have tried to restore to about a month ago, but Windows won't let me becasue it keeps saying I have an antivirus that will not allow change to files, if though I disable the antivirus...

Any other ideas?

Dec 30, 2014

Dec 30, 2014

I can't believe it worked! I feel like an IT genius :{D thank you very much, you saved me an arm and a leg, and that means money, a lot of it from this person who could have ignorantly asked someone to do it for her. Again, thank you Man!

Status
Not open for further replies.