Toys'R'Us Selling Exclusive Android Tablet in October

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Nabi 2 is a far superior product, same almost the same specs as the N7 and it's designed for kids.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Won't get sucked into anymore "tablets" like these, the V-Tech or Leapster.

My kids use our iPad and it works great. Why should I waste money on another tablet when I've alredy got a great tablet?

sixdegree

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
If this tablet aimed at kids, they should've made it from much, much more durable materials such as reinforced steel and raging gorilla glass.

monsta

Splendid
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Won't get sucked into anymore "tablets" like these, the V-Tech or Leapster.My kids use our iPad and it works great. Why should I waste money on another tablet when I've alredy got a great tablet?[/citation]
You will get another tablet for your child once they drop and break your expensive ipad.
How many iphone screens I went through broke cos they dropped it playing angry birds.
This tabeo is a decent tablet built for kids, those V-tech ones hardly even resemeble a decent tablet.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Are the included APPs just the free limited-level versions or the full versions?

- Just like with real desktops/notebooks - kids can cause problems, so give them their own. Just put a password on it and train them to ASK you for permission to use their computer by having YOU log them in.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
crappy specs, just get them a older gen kindle fire which has a better screen, or just add a few dollars more and get a nexus 7 which is better in every way.

800x480 is very low for a modern tablet, and the 1GHz CPU is common in many sub $100 Chinese capacitive tablets. overall it is another case of overcharging on things targeted at kids or babies.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]monsta[/nom]You will get another tablet for your child once they drop and break your expensive ipad.How many iphone screens I went through broke cos they dropped it playing angry birds.This tabeo is a decent tablet built for kids, those V-tech ones hardly even resemeble a decent tablet.[/citation]
Haven't cracked an iPad or iPhone screen in almost 3 years of use by both my kids. Supervise when they use them and use a good case and you're all set.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]ToysRfail[/nom]Nabi 2 is a far superior product, same almost the same specs as the N7 and it's designed for kids.[/citation]EXACTLY!
The Nabi 2 blows this thing out of the water. Non-Geek parents may buy it because they'll SEE it at Toys 'R' Us, but they will be missing out on a much better product that isn't as well known due to limited marketing.
Big pass on the Tabeo. It should be $100.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]Now you can buy disappointment for your kids just in time for christmas as you can see all the limitations placed on a low end android offering.[/citation]

I'm gonna buy it or something similar for my now 4 months old son. He will be able to develop his motor skills (precision), learn to count, read and be familiar with computers. Just because this thing is "backed" (sold at) Toy'R Us that gives me peace of mind knowing I have a big name to blame if anything at all goes wrong. My biggest worry is really for the kid's eyes. Looking at a phone for anything more than 20 seconds makes my far vision blurry for a minute or so.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
"Adults can easily set tailored levels of security for up to eight users, allowing children of multiple ages to access different types of content."
It'll be hard enough to get two kids to share this.. Good luck trying to get Eight kids to share it!! hehe..
But still, good to have that capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.