[SOLVED] TP-LINK Powerline Adapter doesn't work!

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
Dear User,

Hey! I brought a TP-LINK Powerline adapter about 2 weeks ago. To be honest, everything was working fine on my PC until I turned off my PC. Then, I turned back on my PC, when it's on the Windows Loading Screen, the lights on the ethernet on the motherboard are still on. But on the sign-on screen, the lights go away, and the connected symbol on the adapter go away as well. Also, on the PC it says no ethernet connection.

I tried to do an experiment again and it did what I thought. When restarting and in the windows loading screen, the lights come back on, and on the adapter, it says connected. However, on the sign-in screen, the lights turn off again. What's the problem? I can't even reset the Powerline adapter because I have a different model with no button such as reset. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Solution
I have no clue what you just said

Download this iso to use:
https://www.spi.dod.mil/docs/TENS-3.0.1_public_deluxe.iso
Boot your system without the ethernet cable connected--see what happens with the lights then. If you still have lights on--it's potentially a motherboard issue. I would completely unplug your computer and let all the power drain (press the power button when unplugged will make this happen faster). Then power it back up without the ethernet connected and make sure there are no lights. Then plug in the ethernet cable and see if it works correctly.

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
Boot your system without the ethernet cable connected--see what happens with the lights then. If you still have lights on--it's potentially a motherboard issue. I would completely unplug your computer and let all the power drain (press the power button when unplugged will make this happen faster). Then power it back up without the ethernet connected and make sure there are no lights. Then plug in the ethernet cable and see if it works correctly.
Dear User,

Hi! When I boot it without the ethernet cable, the lights are off. I assume this means my motherboard is functioning correctly. Is it even worth trying the method where you power drain?

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020
Swap the two powerlines and see if the problem moves with the powerline or remains at the computer.
Dear User,

Hey, I have switched the two powerline adapters. It does the same thing, when I'm in bios or loading up my PC, the ethernet lights work. When I go to the login page, it stops working.

I have no clue what you just said

Download this iso to use:
https://www.spi.dod.mil/docs/TENS-3.0.1_public_deluxe.iso

Solution