Transfer files from old laptop hdd to Macbook Pro?

Saul Goodman

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
Hi, I recently dug up an SATA hard drive (wd2500bevt) from some old HP laptop. Can I can transfer the files to my Macbook Pro? which is running OS 10.9.

I believe the laptop that the hdd was on was running Vista, if that matters at all.

If this is possible, what adapter/enclosure do I need to buy? I already bought one off Ebay and it turned out to be IDE and didn't fit, so I was hoping to get a solid recommendation. Thanks in advance.

StreetBikeTommy

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
you shouldnt have any problems at all and most cases you wont need to format the data cause they should be all on the same format depending on how old your hdd actually is but normally you should be able to plug your hdd in power it up and move all the data right on over to your mac but you could always go an put another operating system on your mac because they support more than one for example you could be running mountain lion or newer and have windows 7 open at the same time and transfer the data for the hdd to your windows 7 operating system but it will work with any problems!