Transfer pics from camera to pc

Having difficulty..any help appreciated.

Trying to transfer digipics from Olympus 5050 camera to XP pc via Start/My
Pictures/Get pictures from Camera or Scanner ...but then get message that
the computer cannot detect the scanner or camera.

I CAN transfer pics from camera to pc using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
Wizard...but not via My Pictures/Get pics from Camera.

Any thoughts,

Thanks,
John

"John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Having difficulty..any help appreciated.
>
> Trying to transfer digipics from Olympus 5050 camera to XP pc via Start/My
> Pictures/Get pictures from Camera or Scanner ...but then get message that
> the computer cannot detect the scanner or camera.
>
> I CAN transfer pics from camera to pc using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
> Wizard...but not via My Pictures/Get pics from Camera.
>
> Any thoughts,
>
> Thanks,
> John
I couldn't connect my Oly 3100 to my PC with Win XP until I installed the
Camedia software, which I don't use otherwise. I bought a card reader for a
bit over $10 that reads most card formats. It is definitely the way to
download pictures.

"Marvin Margoshes" <physnospamchem@cloud9.net> wrote in message

> "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Having difficulty..any help appreciated.
>>
>> Trying to transfer digipics from Olympus 5050 camera to XP pc via
>> Start/My Pictures/Get pictures from Camera or Scanner ...but then get
>> message that the computer cannot detect the scanner or camera.
>>
>> I CAN transfer pics from camera to pc using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
>> Wizard...but not via My Pictures/Get pics from Camera.
>>
>> Any thoughts,
>>
>> Thanks,
>> John
> I couldn't connect my Oly 3100 to my PC with Win XP until I installed the
> Camedia software, which I don't use otherwise. I bought a card reader for
> a bit over $10 that reads most card formats. It is definitely the way to
> download pictures.
----------------------------
Do you find it a bit of a faff having to take the card out of the camera and
replace each time?

>> I couldn't connect my Oly 3100 to my PC with Win XP until I installed the
>> Camedia software, which I don't use otherwise. I bought a card reader
>> for a bit over $10 that reads most card formats. It is definitely the
>> way to download pictures.
> ----------------------------
> Do you find it a bit of a faff having to take the card out of the camera
> and replace each time?

Guess I'm getting really old... what's a "faff?"

But to answer the question, I find it much more convenient (due to the
higher transfer rate) to remove the card from the camera to download it to
the computer. Plus you're not using up battery power doing it.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <mikej1@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>>> I couldn't connect my Oly 3100 to my PC with Win XP until I installed
>>> the Camedia software, which I don't use otherwise. I bought a card
>>> reader for a bit over $10 that reads most card formats. It is
>>> definitely the way to download pictures.
>> ----------------------------
>> Do you find it a bit of a faff having to take the card out of the camera
>> and replace each time?
>
> Guess I'm getting really old... what's a "faff?"
>
> But to answer the question, I find it much more convenient (due to the
> higher transfer rate) to remove the card from the camera to download it to
> the computer. Plus you're not using up battery power doing it.
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
---------------
OK, Thanks, Mike.
John
--------

> "Marvin Margoshes" <physnospamchem@cloud9.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Having difficulty..any help appreciated.
>>>
>>> Trying to transfer digipics from Olympus 5050 camera to XP pc via
>>> Start/My Pictures/Get pictures from Camera or Scanner ...but then get
>>> message that the computer cannot detect the scanner or camera.
>>>
>>> I CAN transfer pics from camera to pc using Microsoft Scanner and Camera
>>> Wizard...but not via My Pictures/Get pics from Camera.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts,
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> John
>> I couldn't connect my Oly 3100 to my PC with Win XP until I installed the
>> Camedia software, which I don't use otherwise. I bought a card reader
>> for a bit over $10 that reads most card formats. It is definitely the
>> way to download pictures.
> ----------------------------
> Do you find it a bit of a faff having to take the card out of the camera
> and replace each time?

It easier than connecting the camera.

> "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Marvin Margoshes" <physnospamchem@cloud9.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I couldn't connect my Oly 3100 to my PC with Win XP until I installed
>>> the Camedia software, which I don't use otherwise. I bought a card
>>> reader for a bit over $10 that reads most card formats. It is
>>> definitely the way to download pictures.
>> ----------------------------
>> Do you find it a bit of a faff having to take the card out of the camera
>> and replace each time?
>
> It easier than connecting the camera.
Hi,
Thanks for the comments.
Good news - got it sorted...at least via My Computer which will
do!...problem turned out to be because I had the wrong camera description
loaded....when all reference to cameras was deleted via device manager,
then, when camera connected a Removable disc H appeared in My Computer...and
clicking a couple of times accessed the pics..goodho :)
Thank again,
John