Tri monitor problems

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

patchy_stronk

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
Asked this question the other day but that was with a different GPU. Basically I'm trying to connect a third monitor to my system for menial things like movies and tv shows but it won't let me. My computer recognizes that the display is there but wont let me extend the desktop to it nor does it output anything.

This is from the manufacturers website.

supports up to 3 display monitor(s) without DisplayPort
5 x Maximum Display Monitor(s) support
To support 3rd monitor without DisplayPort cable connected, 2 of the 3 monitors should be the same model with DVI ports connected. The driver version should be v13.12 or above.

my 2 primary monitors are 2 dell u2412m's connected via DVI. I'm trying to add a third connected VIA hdmi. My drivers are up to date as well.

Didn't know if this fell under graphics or some other category so I put it here, thanks in advance.

The gpu is a SAPPHIRE TRI-X R9 280X if it matters any.

Isaiah4110

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
The setting of which direction the mouse goes between monitors is an incredibly easy fix. In your resolution window you get a representation of each monitor with a number on it. You simply need to drag those representations to re-order them in the way the monitors are physically set up.

Get it back how you had it again and you can easily get that issue fixed. :)