[SOLVED] Trident Z RGB Compatible With ASRock b450m Steel Legend?

jgricar

Prominent
May 30, 2019
System Info:
  • Case: Fractal Design Meshify C
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
  • Mobo: ASRock B450m Steel Legend
  • RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400
  • PSU: Corsair CX650M

Recently, I've been looking into upgrading my memory in my system. I recently purchased G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600MHz only to find out after installation that it was not compatible. No matter what speed or timings I used, the memory wouldn't run over 2133MHz. After checking my motherboard's QVL, (B450m Steel Legend QVL) I found that it doesn't support speeds over 3200MHz, and also that the memory I purchased wasn't supported.

I'm trying not to purchase memory just to have to send it back again after unsuccessfully installing it into my system. I'm worried because the ASRock QVL doesn't list this memory specifically and G.Skill QVL didn't have the motherboard listed.

So finally, my question is this: Has anyone tried pairing Trident Z RGB with this motherboard specifically or something similar? If so, did it work and what did you have to do to make it work?

bfollett

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
Did you use thaiphoon burner and dram calculator to get your timings? I recently put together an AsRock B450M Pro4 and 2600x combo with G.Skill 3600 CL16 memory. Some of the timing suggested by Dram Calculator were very strange but after lots of testing I've managed to get the memory running stable at 3400 Cas14-17-18-28 1.4v. The QVL lists just don't test a lot of what's available, so it's safe to get those suggestions, but not always your only option.