Question Tried to oc scan but problems happened

Sep 26, 2022
So I tried to overclock my new nvidia gigabyte 3060 rtx on afterburner oc. I heard it was going to take a while so I was afk on my bed while the scan was going on. About 20 mins my monitor turned off so I thought it went to sleep mode. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the monitor wasn’t getting any signal and that my keyboard+mouse rgb wasn’t on so that meant my usbi ports were also not working. I took a look at the inside of my pc and saw that all my fans were spinning including my cpu fan. My gpu rgb was still on as well. The only difference that I can see was that motherboard light is a steady yellow. I turned it off and turned it back on. The light usually goes red to yellow to white but now it’s red to yellow. There are no beeps or anything when it starts.

things I have tried:
  • take out gpu and put it back in
  • take out gpu and see if it’ll run with the core intergraded graphics
  • take out both rams and put it back in
  • take out ram on fourth slot and turn it on
  • take out pcie slots of both pcu and gpu and put it back in
  • take out cmos battery and wait for five mins and put it back in.

I had downloaded the latest version for the gpu driver before doing the oc scan.

Specs that ik of:
2x gb evo ram sticks
Nvidia gigabyte 3060 rtx 2.0
Intel core i7-11700f 2.5 ghz 8-core processor
Prime b660-plus d4
600w power supply

So I tried to overclock my new nvidia gigabyte 3060 rtx on afterburner oc. I heard it was going to take a while so I was afk on my bed while the scan was going on. About 20 mins my monitor turned off so I thought it went to sleep mode. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the monitor wasn’t getting any signal and that my keyboard+mouse rgb wasn’t on so that meant my usbi ports were also not working. I took a look at the inside of my pc and saw that all my fans were spinning including my cpu fan. My gpu rgb was still on as well. The only difference that I can see was that motherboard light is a steady yellow. I turned it off and turned it back on. The light usually goes red to yellow to white but now it’s red to yellow. There are no beeps or anything when it starts.

things I have tried:
  • take out gpu and put it back in
  • take out gpu and see if it’ll run with the core intergraded graphics
  • take out both rams and put it back in
  • take out ram on fourth slot and turn it on
  • take out pcie slots of both pcu and gpu and put it back in
  • take out cmos battery and wait for five mins and put it back in.
I had downloaded the latest version for the gpu driver before doing the oc scan.

Specs that ik of:
2x gb evo ram sticks
Nvidia gigabyte 3060 rtx 2.0
Intel core i7-11700f 2.5 ghz 8-core processor
Prime b660-plus d4
600w power supply
Might have burnt GPU or PSU.