[SOLVED] Tripped over HDMI wire, desktop showing but getting 'no signal' box.

ReignOfHell

Commendable
Aug 7, 2020
I just tripped over the wire (i had it set up to a projector and raised), and now the hdmi port on my GPU is loose, and the 'No Signal' box is appearing, even though the desktop/windows are showing fine.

I looked online, and it seems like the 'tightening' tabs in the HDMI are loose, but I tried raising them and my HDMI cord wouldnt fit in the port.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Solution
Maybe take close up photo from gpu of hdmi port and the innards where the contacts are. Then analyse it on screen so picture is larger for you to look at and compared to other pictures and see where you need to do alterations.

Have you tested this hdmi cable elsewhere to check it's functionality?

If can't fix this then a DP to Hdmi adapter could get you through this. I won't advise you to address this trip hazard as you're probably on top of that already.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Maybe take close up photo from gpu of hdmi port and the innards where the contacts are. Then analyse it on screen so picture is larger for you to look at and compared to other pictures and see where you need to do alterations.

Have you tested this hdmi cable elsewhere to check it's functionality?

If can't fix this then a DP to Hdmi adapter could get you through this. I won't advise you to address this trip hazard as you're probably on top of that already.

Solution

ReignOfHell

Commendable
Aug 7, 2020
Yeah the HDMI cable seemed to be part of it (though it still works on other pc's), so i switched to another, it happened briefly with the new cord, but no issues since.
What would be a reputable brand for said cable though; just in case it decides to act up permanently in the future?

As for the tripping situation.. yeah. i remedied that situation fast.