Question Trojan Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2022
I basically downloaded a file and got this all over my pc:
"
ATTENTION!

Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
[removed]
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.
Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours.

[removed some content]

I've used ShadowExplorer and QPhotoRec so far to get back my files. What else should I use to remove the trojan? It's basically an encryption hack that takes all your images, documents and encrypts them.

Oct 19, 2022
How did you get the data back?
I used PhotoRec and another program that basically allowed you to check files from a different time and restore them. It basically utilizes Shadow copies of a previous version/not edited time of your pc/before encryption etc. I forgot the name tho.

Oct 19, 2022
If that worked, you did not have a ransomware encryption thing going on.
Well, I did have the DJVU/STOP Message that everyone gets once they get a trojan encryption virus on their PC. All my files got encrypted and couldn't do much. I just searched for hours and found those and helped me, so I can't really say much.
In addition to that, I got alot of my information (insta, fb, steam etc) compromized and im just changing the passwords.

USAFRet

Titan
Well, I did have the DJVU/STOP Message that everyone gets once they get a trojan encryption virus on their PC. All my files got encrypted and couldn't do much. I just searched for hours and found those and helped me, so I can't really say much.
In addition to that, I got alot of my information (insta, fb, steam etc) compromized and im just changing the passwords.
PhotoRec cannot unencrypt a maliciously encrypted file.

Recover something deleted, maybe. But not unencrypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.