TRON's Razer Backlit Keyboard Detachable 10-key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Device Unknown

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
I imagine quite a few of us grew up with the original Tron movie and can appreciate both the sequel and the nifty devices that are coming from it. I can't wait to see the movie and would definitely own this set of hardware!

decepticon

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
They both look very nice. Being a huge fan of TRON since childhood, I can NOT wait for the movie to come out. I can still recite each line from the original movie...yes, I am a geek. Although the game will more than likely just be a marketing tool...I can't wait for that as well.

And it's MCP...not DCP....sorry. ;)

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
The only reason why I hate a RAZER keyboard is because the only other thing in stock at my local shop was some Logitech with a ridiculous amount of buttons.

I like plain, non-backlight keyboards were the only extra keys are for volume/mute. :)

jsm6746

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
your two pictures of the keyboard don't match... the first pic has the cutoff to the left of the arrow keys, while the second has it to the right...

the num pad i could live with being detached, but i use the keys above the arrow keys 'a lot'...

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Despite all the best gaming MOUSES being wired to combat wireless latency issuesComment = fail[/citation]
This was true in 1998...

G

It's dangerous to go alone, take this: http://store.razerzone.com/store/r [...] .169418100

You do realize the Mamba has an optional wired connection as well right? Wireless for browsing/general PC, wired for gaming (pref). Personally I use mine completely wireless and if I have latency its not noticeable. Although most other high end gaming mice are wired.

G

I also have a Razer Mamba, and I notice higher latency while wired.

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]jsm6746[/nom]your two pictures of the keyboard don't match... the first pic has the cutoff to the left of the arrow keys, while the second has it to the right...the num pad i could live with being detached, but i use the keys above the arrow keys 'a lot'...[/citation]
Good observation! I wish I knew which one was the real one, as the one with the the white background is from Disney and the ones with the black background are from Razer. I wonder if these are just plain renders and there is no real product yet!

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
First DVD ever purchased = Tron
First DVD player = PC
Loved the irony of watching a movie about 'Life' inside a computer on a pc connected to a TV 'way back' in th early '90s
Would love to have that new keyboard but need it in a wireless version to run my home theater PC. First movie was a classic, lets hope the new one is worth a flip.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
"I love how those look... the prices rape my wallet, though =("

That's a bit extreme, yes? $79 - $139, that's the price of a good dinner for you and your girlfriend on a saturday night. Not exactly breaking the bank here. What are you homeless or something???

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Mouse is kinda ugly, too chunky. The keyboard is full of win though. Perhaps a little to ostentatious for my living room, but great for my gaming rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.