Question Trouble Disabled RGB on New PC

mekyle99

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2016
I picked up a new prebuilt recently, it's an Armoury PC. With my old PC, I turned off all RGB cause I find it annoying. I've managed to turn off RGB for the ram so far, but everything else I've tried hasn't worked.

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
Give more info please.

What have you tired so far?
Have you checked through the BIOS?
Have you updated the BIOS to the latest version and then checked through it?
Have you tried proprietary software that comes for the RGB components?
What specific components have RGB?

If it's the fans and such, you can chose to disconnect the RGB header form the motherboard, then the RGB will turn off while the fan still works. (only if it has a separate RGB header)

mekyle99

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2016
Give more info please.

What have you tired so far?
Have you checked through the BIOS?
Have you updated the BIOS to the latest version and then checked through it?
Have you tried proprietary software that comes for the RGB components?
What specific components have RGB?

If it's the fans and such, you can chose to disconnect the RGB header form the motherboard, then the RGB will turn off while the fan still works. (only if it has a separate RGB header)
I have not tried anything with the BIOS, as I have always done this through proprietary software, I've never had an issue doing it until now. My 2 top fans, the back fan, the 2 front fans. the CPU AIO watercooler thing, and the RAM have RGB. I've tried iCUE, Armoury Crate thus far as for proprietary software. I gave up trying more for now in fear of messing something up.

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
I have not tried anything with the BIOS, as I have always done this through proprietary software, I've never had an issue doing it until now. My 2 top fans, the back fan, the 2 front fans. the CPU AIO watercooler thing, and the RAM have RGB. I've tried iCUE, Armoury Crate thus far as for proprietary software. I gave up trying more for now in fear of messing something up.
You can try with the BIOS and check if it has an option to disable the RGB. If that doesn't also work, as i said you can physically remove the RGB header cable from the motherboard to disable the RGB. (if it uses one)

mekyle99

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2016
You can try with the BIOS and check if it has an option to disable the RGB. If that doesn't also work, as i said you can physically remove the RGB header cable from the motherboard to disable the RGB. (if it uses one)
So I managed to turn off everything except the AIO. The AIO is flickering for some reason and also making a ticking sound every time it flashes. I've been in the bios and didn't find anything related to RGB. The AIO is the main thing I wanted to disable because the ticking sound is annoying