Mar 27, 2021
I want to disable the windows 10 password upon startup. Like usual, I run command "netplwiz" however, the option to toggle that setting is not there.

Why isnt that option available to me like usual?
How do I disable the password in this situation?

Thank you,

Ralston18

Titan
You have to have admin rights to do such things.

Who has full admin rights to the computer? You need help from that person.

Remember that Forum rules prohibit assistance with disabling, bypassing, and/or hacking security measures.

Mar 27, 2021
I am admin of my 20 year old lenovo desktop. and I am the only user listed in the administrator group section. Any help appreciated.

Mar 27, 2021
unfortunately that option is totally missing and I dont see it on any of the other tabs on that "user accounts" window.

The only password related option on that window now is to change passsword by "ctrl+alt/delete" but the "reset password" button is greyed out.

I recently reinstalled W10 and noticed this after first reboot while I was adjusting all my settings.

DSzymborski

Polypheme
unfortunately that option is totally missing and I dont see it on any of the other tabs on that "user accounts" window.

The only password related option on that window now is to change passsword by "ctrl+alt/delete" but the "reset password" button is greyed out.

I recently reinstalled W10 and noticed this after first reboot while I was adjusting all my settings.
That's not where Windows Hello is. Need to go into W10's different settings/sign-in options and remove any Windows Hello options. Though make sure you know your password first if you're logging in another way.

Mar 27, 2021
Excellent. By changing the value of "DWORD" in reg edit to zero the option to disable password reappeared. Many thanks for posting that link.

ASK THE COMMUNITY