Trouble installing windows 10 on new pc build

piercep

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
My friend just built a new pc, and has an activation code for windows 10. We used the tool microsoft provides to create a usb key to install it on the computer. Everything goes smoothly, until at about 30% through the "getting things ready" phase, there's an error message saying that "Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation"
Error code: 0x800703EE
We've tried reformatting the usb, installing in UEFI, and several other things we found online. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. we thought we could maybe install windows on his hard drive in my machine, then transfer it. Is there any chance that would work?

Lutfij

Titan
Have you followed through with creating your bootable USB installer using this guide? Likewise have you followed through with this guide in your attempt to install Windows 10?

Can you please pass on your full systems specs? Please make sure your device boot order in BIOS is set to have your USB installer as the primary device and later see if the UEFI Boot manager is primary which indicates that the it's OS on your HDD.

LadyA

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
I'm not an advanced user or anything, so maybe shouldn't open my mouth, hah... but I've had weird/unexplainable problems like that in the past and it ended up being a dead memory stick. (1 out of the 4 was bad.)