[SOLVED] Trouble printing images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2020
I have a Kyocera ECOSYS P5021cdw (work printer) and over the past day it is struggling to print images & scanned PDFs correctly. Anything that is in an image that is a lighter grey either comes out as white or a dark grey depending on the shade of the original image. However, when I print shades of grey from word they all print out fine. They also print out fine if the PDF is generated from word, but if this is then scanned in and printed the original problem occurs. I have tried printing out the same files from different computers (both windows and Mac), and even reinitialised the printer to factory defaults. It's as if the printer has lost the ability to print very light grey...

If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful because it's bugging me!

Solution
If you can print images from Word, then it isn't the printer. If it was a printer issue, then you would not be able to print those images at all.
It could be an issue related to the scanning software and how it is processing the scanned files.

Which app are you using to scan?
If you can print images from Word, then it isn't the printer. If it was a printer issue, then you would not be able to print those images at all.
It could be an issue related to the scanning software and how it is processing the scanned files.

Which app are you using to scan?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.