Aleksxx03

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
So my brother just bought his first PC (prebuilt) and is getting a "beep loop" (4 continuous beeps on his asus motherboard). Usually i would help him trouble shoot but as i recently moved to another city for school i can only help him remotely by telling him what to do/try.

"The PC is not posting , the screen just stays black (no input from the PC), but all the rgb is working as it should" - message he sent
Any tips for things i can tell him to try (nothing to advanced).
(I already told him he should return it, but he wants to try and trouble shoot it first)

Edit 1: forgot to add what i have already told him to try:
Inspect the motherboard for damaged or burnt components, loose connections, or signs of physical damage.
Verify that all power supply connections are secure and
Also told him not to start ripping out components(disassemble) the PC so he doesn't void the warranty.

Last edited:
Hey there,

Hmmm. That's a tough one. I'd have to agree with you and get it RMA'd. Those prebuilts are designed to plug in, turn on, and away you go. That it doesn't, is not good. Contact the supplier and begin that process.

Even by taking off the side panel you may void the warranty. I'd advise not to do that.

Reactions: Aleksxx03