Trouble with Laserjet 3030 scanning

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help with this problem:

I have a 3030 installed via USB and whilst it prints, copies and faxes
fine it will not scan.

Whenever I attempt to launch the HP scanning software I get the message,
"The function you have requested cannot be performed because another
program already has control of the device. If the program currently
using the device, save any unsaved work, close the program and try
again." (sic)

I have installed the latest drivers from the HP website but to no avail
- can anyone suggest a fix?

I am using XP Pro SP1.

Ta,
--
Rob
To reply, remove zudo

The Doctor wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if anyone can help with this problem:
>
> I have a 3030 installed via USB and whilst it prints, copies and faxes
> fine it will not scan.
>
> Whenever I attempt to launch the HP scanning software I get the message,
> "The function you have requested cannot be performed because another
> program already has control of the device. If the program currently
> using the device, save any unsaved work, close the program and try
> again." (sic)
>
> I have installed the latest drivers from the HP website but to no avail
> - can anyone suggest a fix?
>
> I am using XP Pro SP1.
>
> Ta,

Anyone? :)

--
Rob

I am having the exact same issue. I am wondering if it is because I
hooked the HP 3030 up to a HP jet direct print server. I know for
sure that the readiris software that came with the 3030 is not for
network use. I am attempting to use Paper Port 8, which is
networkable. I will try connecting the HP directly to a computer and
sharing it. I will definitely post the results.

HAs anyone else has this prob???

==============

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I've installed two LJ 3030 recently. One of them also had the problem
described above. The only difference between the two installations
was that the one with the problem was connected to two computers
(USB/parallel). I realized that scanning on the computer connected
via USB was not possible after scanning on the computer connected
with the parallel cable until I've turned off and on the 3030. Then
everything works fine until the parallel connected computer is
scanning.
So the solution of the prob might be easy: Turn off and on your 3030.