Trouble With Titanfall? Check the Troubleshooting Page

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucknutty

Distinguished

Haha.... best comment. Back in 1996 I purchased windows 95 on floppy disk. It was a shrink wrapped tower of about 50 3.5 disks that stood like 18 inches tall. I remeber it had a little red pull tab to open the shrink wrap like a pack of gum. When I opened it the disks went every where like jenga pieces.

About 2 hours into the installation I got a read error on disk 38. PWND. I had to copy the unreadable file from a working windows 95 machine.

bucknutty

Distinguished

Windows 9X had an issue with any file bigger than 2gb. I remeber doing support for a large office, and outlook was like a time bomb. Some people would keep every e-mail ever. Thier outlook.pst file would hit 2gb and boom. Unfixable. Eventually MS made a tool to compress the file so it could be opened and corrected.

Well that sucks. I remember being able to get video recordings upto 4 gigabytes in Windows 98 SE(and thus hitting this limit.). before that time, I never had a need for such large files(hell my first drives did not even hold 2 gigabytes of data) so I guess I lucked out.

Either way running Windows 9X is a bad idea for this game.

nightwolf667

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
Mine likes to eat over 4 gig of ram until it locks up my system (8 gig of ram), which then causes origin, voice chat, and titanfall to all drop connection, thus taking me back to the main menu to restart the process all over again. But I also have the issue of it not finding servers.Not my cable and my machine runs everything else flawlessly. I've been able to squeak into 3 maps so far out of probably 4-5 hours logged due to fail-to-connects and they were butter smooth and rather enjoyable.

leeb2013

Honorable
I was at a loss to get it working, still no servers found.

So out of desperation, I ran a repair on the installation. It didn't report any issues, I was about to give up, when I just gave it one last try and it worked!

The R9-290 performs awesome. Max settings, 2xmsaa, 3 x 1050 monitors, 60fps. Uses 3.6GB Vram though!! 3GB with 1 monitor. Uses only 2.5GB system RAM (Win7 uses 1.5GB) and CPU at 20-40%. Pretty underwelming graphics really, looks like a PS3 port.

Shame there's still no hud with 3 monitors. The issue was known about 1 months ago during the Beta and they've done nothing to sort it, so you don't get any minimap or remaining ammo etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.