Troubleshooting printer connectivity issues

Jrminot

Honorable
Jan 6, 2016
Hello all, I am having trouble getting some of my home devices to connect to my printer.

I've had various issues with it from time to time, but right now I cannot get my wife's laptop to connect to it to save my life.

I'm going to post a picture that shows my home network. I think it's a bit more complex than the average joe's.
homenet.png
[/url][/img]

Now, am connected from my desktop .5 to my printer .8, but I cannot get my laptop .4 to connect to the printer .8.

I can ping from desktop to the laptop and printer just fine.

But, if I try to ping from the latop to the printer, It varies. Sometimes I get replies, sometimes it get a reply from the same IP saying destination host is unreachable, sometimes I get no replies at all.

Any ideas where I should be looking or what I should be doing to try to troubleshoot his more accurately?

Thanks!

techiebee18

Great
Aug 20, 2018
Step 1: Unpack your printer.
Step 2: Follow the setup instructions to remove packaging.
Step 3: Plug in the power cord, turn on the printer and install print cartridges. Allow the printer to go through its startup routine, including printing an alignment page (if applicable).
Step 4: Choose one of the connection methods described below. If your printer supports it and you choose an Ethernet (wired) connection, connect it now and skip to installing printer software.

TRENDING THREADS