[SOLVED] Troueshooting fried drives

Mar 21, 2022
So I learned it the hard way using non model-specific modular cables for PSUs could kill your components.

What I really want to know is if my SSDs are still safe or can be recovered. Here's the brief story.

While replacing my old PSU (Corsair cx850) to a new one (EVGA supernova 1000w) I kept and used the same sata cables that I used for Corsair CX850. I didn't know at the time what terrible mistake I have made. Pc actually booted to desktop, it was running very slow, (took 5 seconds to register a click) so I turned it off.
It was then when it would no longer boot and was stuck on loading and checking disk.

I had 3 hdds which showed no sign of life. (One of them, new)Wouldn't show up on bios. (Tried switching sata cables)
I have 4 ssd that do show up on bios. But im not able to load to desktop. After loading it's stuck on a black screen with a loading blue circle cursor.

The only cables I mixed up were sata cables while cpu, mobo, gpu cables were of the model-specific.

Since the ssds at least are recognized im wondering if they can be saved...

Honestly i feel so terrible and hopeless right now. I can't believe what I've done ha....ha..

Im going to test one hdd and one ssd on a different computer when I get the chance.

Tl:dr : SSDs show up on bios. Are they saved? If not can the data still be recovered?
Are my other parts safe? Is there a possibility of them being damaged?

Thanks all...

Spec:
Gpu: gtx 1080ti
Cpu: ryzen 9 3900x
Psu: evga supernova g2 1000w
Mobo: Rog Strix x570-e

Solution
So I learned it the hard way using non model-specific modular cables for PSUs could kill your components.

What I really want to know is if my SSDs are still safe or can be recovered. Here's the brief story.

While replacing my old PSU (Corsair cx850) to a new one (EVGA supernova 1000w) I kept and used the same sata cables that I used for Corsair CX850. I didn't know at the time what terrible mistake I have made. Pc actually booted to desktop, it was running very slow, (took 5 seconds to register a click) so I turned it off.
It was then when it would no longer boot and was stuck on loading and checking disk.

I had 3 hdds which showed no sign of life. (One of them, new)Wouldn't show up on bios. (Tried switching sata cables)
I have...

I have 4 ssd that do show up on bios. But im not able to load to desktop. After loading it's stuck on a black screen with a loading blue circle cursor.

The only cables I mixed up were sata cables while cpu, mobo, gpu cables were of the model-specific.

Since the ssds at least are recognized im wondering if they can be saved...

Honestly i feel so terrible and hopeless right now. I can't believe what I've done ha....ha..

Im going to test one hdd and one ssd on a different computer when I get the chance.

Tl:dr : SSDs show up on bios. Are they saved? If not can the data still be recovered?
Are my other parts safe? Is there a possibility of them being damaged?

Thanks all...

Spec:
Gpu: gtx 1080ti
Cpu: ryzen 9 3900x
Psu: evga supernova g2 1000w
Mobo: Rog Strix x570-e
Make an USB bootable to a Linux Live, any version. BOOT from it and should be able to see all working drives.
Other options
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/sergei_strelecs_winpe.html
PS. Best to check drive by drive with others disconnected.

Solution
Mar 21, 2022
Make an USB bootable to a Linux Live, any version. BOOT from it and should be able to see all working drives.
Other options
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/sergei_strelecs_winpe.html
PS. Best to check drive by drive with others disconnected.
Thanks for that. I used Strelec's winPE and it seems as if all the HDDs are gone but SSDs are okay. Except I can no longer boot from my OS SSD even though I browse through the contents. Rip