[SOLVED] Trying to Boot Windows 10 OS into new SSD Drive with Flash drive, ISO file is in USB but does not detect the OS

Nov 1, 2020
I plan on booting the OS file into an SSD with a pen drive holding the file which is the same method I did when I first built my PC and ran it with an HDD, I select to boot override to go with the USB to start the process of installing the OS to the SSD, but I keep getting the message telling me there's no Operating System found. I'd like to know what issue am I dealing with.

Solution
As mentioned, the ISO file is 'similar' to what a CD would be, but it's only a copy of the structure in a container type file. The BIOS looks at the drive, and only sees a file system with an ISO, no 'boot code', and no actual data files. You need to get a file writer (YUMI is very good, and can create multi-boot systems) and have YUMI load the ISO file and write it to the thumb drive in a format that the BIOS can see as a 'bootable drive'.

USAFRet

Titan
It won't boot from only the ISO.

Use the MediaCreation tool to properly build a bootable USB.

Reactions: Wolf Orphnoch

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
As mentioned, the ISO file is 'similar' to what a CD would be, but it's only a copy of the structure in a container type file. The BIOS looks at the drive, and only sees a file system with an ISO, no 'boot code', and no actual data files. You need to get a file writer (YUMI is very good, and can create multi-boot systems) and have YUMI load the ISO file and write it to the thumb drive in a format that the BIOS can see as a 'bootable drive'.

Solution