Trying to build first computer.

Sep 1, 2018
This is my first build and I want to make sure all the parts are compatible before I start buying parts and putting it together. Tell me what you think!

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card

Case: Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fan: Corsair - Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM 120mm Fans

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KLptLJ

Solution
Your going to run in to a problem with your case/CPU cooler/Ram combo. I'll break down the stats then why it's a problem.

The Corsair Crystal 570X has a max CPU cooler height of 170mm.
The NH-D15 has a height of 165mm with it's outside fan at default position, and has 32mm RAM clearance.
The Trident Z RAM has a height of 44mm.

The NH-D15 overhangs the RAM slots. With the above combo you would need to raise the fan up 12mm on the NH-D15 to compensate for the height of the ram. That makes the overall height of the cooler 177mm. While you can usually do a mm or two of wiggle room on measurements because of rounding of measurements, 7mm is going to be outside that wiggle room.

If you change out the RAM for a low profile kit like the...

CRO5513Y

Expert
Ambassador
Looks pretty good overall to me! You could consider dropping the Power Supply down to a good 550-650w to save money though, something like a SuperNOVA, Corsair RMx, Seasonic Prime, etc. Will all handle that build fine at that wattage, 750w is more than you need. Also consider putting the parts together on here and share the link, this helps us easily find other options with comparing prices > https://pcpartpicker.com/list/. Make sure you select the right region of purchase in the top right corner! Hope this helps! :)

Your going to run in to a problem with your case/CPU cooler/Ram combo. I'll break down the stats then why it's a problem.

The Corsair Crystal 570X has a max CPU cooler height of 170mm.
The NH-D15 has a height of 165mm with it's outside fan at default position, and has 32mm RAM clearance.
The Trident Z RAM has a height of 44mm.

The NH-D15 overhangs the RAM slots. With the above combo you would need to raise the fan up 12mm on the NH-D15 to compensate for the height of the ram. That makes the overall height of the cooler 177mm. While you can usually do a mm or two of wiggle room on measurements because of rounding of measurements, 7mm is going to be outside that wiggle room.

If you change out the RAM for a low profile kit like the Corsair LPX kits you could keep the cooler. Since the cooler overhangs all but the outside slot chances are you wouldn't see much of the RGB LEDs. Alternatively you could go with a cooler like the NH-D15s which doesn't have the outside fan. Testing shows it's only a few degrees off the dual fan NH-D15, and it has a 65mm RAM clearance, so it may be a good option if you want to stick with the Noctua lineup. I'd also suggest looking at the Cryorig lineup of coolers. The R1 universal is a similar design to the Nh-D15 with no RAM clearance issues.

*Edit also as CRO5513Y said, a 750watt is more than you need. You're pulling down less than 500w with that config. Moving to a more up to date 650w would save you cash and give you a better PSU. Even if you move to a 2080ti you'd still only need a 650w PSU. An EVGA G3 or Seasonic Prime ultra gold (or focus plus gold) would cost you less than the 750w G2. I'd say look at this quick change out on specs. Not a huge difference in savings but more up to date and with a cooler that won't give you a headache.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KvxXV6

Solution

A good question given the price difference is the same.

Also have you considered Ethernet over Powerline? Usually better latency and speeds vs WiFi for gaming.

Sep 1, 2018
Thanks for the feedback it helped a lot! Also, I picked up the wifi card just in case if I move my PC since IM currently living an apartment and might move at any time.