Trying to connect my NVIDIA geforce 8800gs graphics card to new lcd screen TV (d

jasonmarsh

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Hi all, I have a geforce 8800gs graphics card in my pc with two dvi outputs only problem is my brand new TV only has vga connection I have tried using an adapter to connect the two together but cannot get a picture on my TV... s.video connection works but the picture is really poor as it cannot get the resolutions that the TV is capable of which is 1920:1080 any advice? Really stuck with this and can only think that NVIDIA maybe has a driver or something that may work ... have looked and I can’t find one :(

daship

Distinguished
Try a DVI to HDMI connector.

the DVI to VGA should work, make sure your TV is on the right input. Should be labled "PC" or "RGB"

Another reason I use ati, it is easy to hook to TV and get full HDMI picture and sound through one cable.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I've heard before that not all HDTV inputs are created equally. For instance while DVI and HDMI inputs will display 1920x1080, the VGA input will only display something lower like 1440x900 or 1366x768. Try lowering the resolution on your system.

-Wolf sends