Question Trying to determine if my gpu is at fault

Nick@1701

Commendable
Jun 8, 2022
I have a problem (i think) with my RTX 3060 ti. What`s happening is i am getting stuttering in games, the occasional crashing games, and the occasional artifacting. (sometimes artifacting on the desktop when i have folder windows open). So i have run several tests, 3 x unigine heaven in a row, 3 x superposition in a row, and a 15 minute furmark test. I didn`t see anything happen. I`ve also run memtest vulcan for the vram for 1 and a half hours. It passed all that. I did run a memtest on my 32 gigs of ram just in case, and that was fine (2 passes). I have since swapped out the ram for a new set, but the games are still stuttering. I just can`t decide if it`s 100% the gpu. The last thing i want to do is buy a new card, and have it do the same. Need some advice please. Thak you. By the way, i have kept an eye on the temps, and all are fine. ( this is happening after a fresh install as well)

System specs just in case

M/board Tuf Gaming X570 Plus Wifi
CPU Ryzen 7 5800X
Ram Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 gb (3200) 2 x 16
Storage Samsung 990 pro 2 tb nvme
GPU tuf gaming rtx 3060ti
PSU corsair rm850x
OS windows 11 pro 23h2

Hey there,

So, if you can set up MSI Afterburner, and then set up the OSD to show you the CPU clocks/temps/usage, and the same for the GPU, clocks/temps and usage, and also for ram, just usage. You can also use Nvidia's overlay in game, (ALT-R) and look for the 99% FPS. If you have low 99% or 1% lows, then your game will stutter like crazy of those 1%lows go below 60fps. This is prob what's happening.

You're looking out for 100% usage by any component to see if something is hitting a ceiling.

What monitor do you have? Do you use VRR, like Gsync?

Nick@1701

Commendable
Jun 8, 2022
Hi, thanks for the reply, i`ve never used afterburner before, so ill have to consult youtube on how to set it up.

My monitor is a samsung odyssey g3 32 inch. It has freesync, i looked in the menu, it is disabled.

Would the high usage account for the crashes and artifacting though?

Cheers.

Hi, thanks for the reply, i`ve never used afterburner before, so ill have to consult youtube on how to set it up.

My monitor is a samsung odyssey g3 32 inch. It has freesync, i looked in the menu, it is disabled.

Would the high usage account for the crashes and artifacting though?

Cheers.
Yes, it could potentially cause crashes.

Get yourself a DP cable and use it instead of HDMI. Then you can get G-sync running on the monitor, which will eliminate stuttering.

TRENDING THREADS