Question Trying to enable resizable Bar and get a message

owedevil

Reputable
Jan 20, 2019
The message is "Due to Microsoft boot regulations, ensure that the Microsoft signed UEFI driver is contained in the plugged PCI-E based storage including m.2 SSD before set the launch CSM to [DISABLED]. Otherwise, the PCI-E based storages will be only available for the data drive usage. Contact the PCI-E storage vendor for the UEFI driver availability details."

I only have one drive installed, which is my m.2 SSD. Does that guarantee the UEFI driver is on it? Or do I have to DL that driver before I enable resizable bar? Overall, the message is confusing me. Thanks for any info/assistance.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model SSD? Capacity, how full?

If new, where was the m.2 SSD purchased?

= = = =

That message, to me anyway, seems very strange.

What software is generating that message? Or does the message appear during boot up?

Did you download any drive related tools or utilities? If so, what did you download and from what source?

Reactions: owedevil

owedevil

Reputable
Jan 20, 2019
Sorry.

OS - Windows 10 Pro
RAM - Vengeance 4000 MHz 16 GB
CPU - 5800x
GPU - RTX 3080 FTW3 12gb
Storage - Rocket m.2 4.0 SSD 1TB

Uncertain on the precise model as I lost the box of the m.2, however, I already found the solution so that isn't relevant. Size/how full doesn't apply to this issue, as far as I can tell, but it's 1 tb and 200 GB free.

The message appears during the process of enabling Resizable Bar, and after you click to disable CSM in the BIOS. Just noticed I was vague on teh details, thanks for teh reply.

If anyone has a similar issue the solution is on this site ( View: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/obuth8/how_to_install_the_microsoft_signed_uefi_driver/
) from Artonox (make sure to read his comment.) However, I cannot guarantee his fix works as I did not have to perform it due to already having the correct Partition Style.