Question Trying to fix UEFI error

museprime

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2013
So I got the UEFI error and have been racking my brain trying to fix it. I came across video that seem to point in the right direction by rebuilding the bootloader. However everything seems to work fine until I get to formatting the partition on the usb drive and it’s write protected.

So I’m unable to move forward. Could anyone provide some help?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry, really, but that makes no sense to me. UEFI errors generally almost always include an error code of SOME kind. Otherwise, nobody is ever going to have ANY idea of what the problem is. Unless of course you don't have an error LED on your board OR a motherboard beep code speaker attached. If you don't, have either of those things, it would be a very good idea to get one of them.

museprime

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2013
I'm sorry, really, but that makes no sense to me. UEFI errors generally almost always include an error code of SOME kind. Otherwise, nobody is ever going to have ANY idea of what the problem is. Unless of course you don't have an error LED on your board OR a motherboard beep code speaker attached. If you don't, have either of those things, it would be a very good idea to get one of them.
This is the video that describes my issue.
View: https://youtu.be/CZ17JrgFFhw?si=SwXfvSfMbqeCnzYi

"your issue" tells us nothing. If there is no numeric code, or beeps, then there is absolutely zero to go on. And if you DO have a board with a Q code display or a beep code speaker attached, and they aren't doing anything, then it's pretty much a sure thing that the board is bad.

museprime

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2013